Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Big C's Tattoo Studio

Just thought I'd take this opportunity and clear up a few rumours about our studio.

For those who dont know this studio then let me enlighten you...its owned and run by Carl Brown, father of 4, owner of a dog and has 20 years tattooing experience under his belt and situated just 15 minutes away from the city of Leicester. Hes a great bloke, hsa a wonderful family and taught me everything I know about the art to this day!

But theres a rumour going round which ive heard from a couple of people that Carl keeps his dog Bridy in the studio! This is a pretty serious matter if it were the case so let me clear it up for a few people.

Carl does own a dog named Bridy, A 13 year old staffy, who never comes into the studio for as long as hes had the studio. How do I know this? Because I spend every minute of my time I have either at his studio, at his house or out and about with him. Infact, his own kids arent even allowed in the studio and we have a strict rule of no eating and smoking at all times.

Seen a pic with his dog in the studio? you might have!! When he first opened his studio he use to advertise on tattoostudioguide.com He sent them a few pictures of the studio and some writting explaining everything. One of the pictures he took was of his dog sitting on the dentist chair with a banner across her saying "Head Of Security". This was taken just to make up the numbers on the website and thats the only time Bridy was ever allowed in the studio. oh and the denist chair was sprayed down and cleaned thoroughly soon after

So for people who judge a studio from one picture...think again! We have pictures of Bridy sitting on a rubber crocodile...that doesnt mean were running a Herpatologists clinic behind the curtains!!!

I dont mean to direct this to anyone in particular but thought it needed to be cleared before it got out of hand. Im sure all you artists on here wouldnt want shit to go round about your studios so I hope you can appreciate where im coming from. I was angry when I first heard about it and im sure all you students, apprentices, newbies (whatever you call em these days) would fell the same way about your mentors studio.

Tattoo Artists work hard and long for us and for their love for the art! Carl works long hours and when hes not working on someone hes cleaning the studio!! If anyone does know Carl then they know that these rumours arent true.

If anyone does think ive said something wrong or something 'politically incorrect' then please say so. (and I'll get Bridy to tattoo you! )

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Preet

You can find the studio in the yellow pages too
Preet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

is carl a old skin head...............?

if it is the guy , tell him that pert said hello from belfast.

think he used to work at belgrave gate in the city.......???

if not just ignore this message.?
fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Chatter Box

Hello Fred,

No carls a biker with a huge viking beard! He doesnt work far from belgrave gate though mate. You might be on about the dude at Tattoo2000 which is just off belgrave gate?
Old 26-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Tracey uk

..and a nice bloke he seems too!

Have you thought of putting any of his work he's done on you up here Preet? I'd like to have another look
Tracey uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Chatter Box

Tracey,
Ive gotta get his camera and upload all the pics and send em off to different websites and magazines etc. lol Ive been saying it for ages now and none of us have ever gotten around to it! I think ill pinch his camera off him this weekend and get those precious lil pics

Yeah he is a nice bloke and id hate for stuff like this to go round about his studio when its not true at all!

Will post up his work soon as I get it off him! Im carrying half of it around on my skin
Old 27-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Tracey uk

Make sure you do!! It would be nice to see some more of his stuff!
Tracey uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
It Works!

Send a message via MSN to inkylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preet
Tracey,
Ive gotta get his camera and upload all the pics and send em off to different websites and magazines etc. lol Ive been saying it for ages now and none of us have ever gotten around to it! I think ill pinch his camera off him this weekend and get those precious lil pics

Yeah he is a nice bloke and id hate for stuff like this to go round about his studio when its not true at all!

Will post up his work soon as I get it off him! Im carrying half of it around on my skin
you could put it in the album , pm me if you haven't got the log ins
Old 27-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkylady
you could put it in the album , pm me if you haven't got the log ins
Hope you don't mind inky, but I put a coupla of my wedding pics in the album...Got the official photos back and was desperate to show someone them!!
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
Chatter Box

Album? yeah definately will do...someone will have to explain as I dont have a clue where that is...or what? Anyways ill try nick the camera tomorrow but you know how it is...miss one pic cos the cam aint there and thats the end of the world.
Old 28-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Preet, think I might mosey on over in a few weeks and see this guy's place, from what you've said to me and what I've seen on you, it sounds really good.
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote