Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Default design help for memorial tat

hi guys been a while since ive been able to find the energy to come here as ive had a terrible few weeks lately
i lost my 4 day old baby boy nearly three weeks ago
i need help with a design for a memorial tat as i feel that i cant bring myself to do one and would like the input from you guys with this
it needs to contain the name ozzy
any help will be gratefully recieved as just existing at the moment is taking all my concentration
thanks
Jay
flamin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
LJH
Chatter Box

May I offer my most sincere condolences, and can only imagine the trauma you're going through. I'm sure that someone will come up with a fantastic design, and I think that it's a very fitting tribute. My heart goes out to you on this one, and I'm sure everyone will feel like this. Keep your head up and be strong. Nothing will ever replace him - but I would hope that in time it will get slightly less painful. Best wishes - Lee.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Chat Slut

thanks lee
i managed to do a real nice tat on my wifes foot/ankle incorporating his name and flowers but just cant design one for my self
jay
flamin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #4
LJH
Chatter Box

Keep tryin' mate - don't be in a rush to do it, there's all the time in the world. I know you probably want it done straight away, as I probably would too, God forbid should I ever be in your situation. Make sure you get the right one thats fitting to how you feel Keep your chin up mate.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Default memorial tattoo

hi fella, so sorry to read about your loss. we lost our baby boy in feb this year
, he would of been one on the 29th of this month. so i have a ruff idea of what your going through. Spacey did me a portrait of him at derby, but when it came to drawing one up for the wife the i just couldn't do it. if you think i can help in any way( just to talk or do you a tattoo portrait with his name,as i found that nothing i drew up seemed right.) just let me know.
he's always going to be in your heart, and thats the light youv'e got to keep shining.
condolences, inkthing (aka pepp)
inkthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

so, so sorry, which isn't the right word, but what else can I say..? ...it's really difficult to suggest anything without thinking that i might be saying the wrong thing - people have an aversion, sometimes to the grief of others and it makes 'us' feel awkward, which is ridiculous compared to how you must feel.

i think it's also difficult to suggest anything, given that I don't know the extent or style of your other tattoos. I would personally find a portrait 'too much' to bear - your grief may, or may not lessen over time - i personally couldn't do that - and it also, if the placement is in a publicly viewed place, will open you to constant pity/sympathy, which may or may not help you.

may i suggest hand or footprints, if you have them...and if they tie in with what you want...?

can i also suggest waiting a little while..? you need time to get your head around this - you may feel better making a decision about this in a few months time and plan to have it done on his birthday, or anniversary of his death.

apologies if i have in anyway been crass or said the wrong thing - as a mother of three children, my worst imaginable nightmare is anything happenning to any of my children..although i have dealt with death, it's different for everyone to lose someone precious.
Dahlia Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #7
It Works!

Send a message via MSN to inkylady

I would like to offer my condolences , it's a horrible thing for anyone to have to go through the loss of a child .
inkylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #8
Trainee Lumberjack

I am truly very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what pain you are going through.
My very best wishes, thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

Charlie

They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2loo
Me?? Lap dance?? I'd look like Mr Whippy taking a shit if I tried!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
sly
Diva

I am really sorry to hear that both of you have lost your sons.I can only pass on my sympathy for something that is beyond my experience, and send you my love.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

I too send all my sympathy to you and your family. I cannot even begin to imagine how you are feeling at this time.

Cherry x