Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you employed as...and what do you want to be when you grow up? (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48499)

keithski122 05-05-2016 06:31 PM

I kind of fell into jobs, when I was at school for some reason I wanted to be a mechanic.I had work experience at a garage, they offered me a saturday job, then an apprenticeship.when they closed down after a year one of my workmates offered me a job and I sort of shifted from one sort of motor trade job to another(never really had to work hard at getting a job).
I now work a few days a week at a car upholsterers(which I'm really enjoying) and a few days a week being a house husband.

eriskone 06-05-2016 08:58 AM

currently work in printing as a technician, but landed myself an apprenticeship so fingers crossed should be tattooing in the near future :D

Jayman1982 07-05-2016 12:38 PM

Financial analyst at a children's hospital....hate my job :) I basically go into robot mode to get through the day!

I'd love to open up a restaurant, something small, I'm really passionate about cooking....but I just can't seem to make the leap and ditch the security, pension and benefits that come with my current position....*sighs*

helheim 07-05-2016 01:53 PM

I'm a Trainee Occupational Health and Safety Manager for a manufacturing plant. Kinda fell into it and was kindly offered the training a year or so ago so though why the hell not :) I'm quite young still and don't really feel all that grown up yet, would love to be involved in the art industry full time one day though, whether it be training up to tattooing, freelance work, gallery work, graphic design work, anything that challenges me creatively and doesn't bore me half to death. :)

Rosco5 07-05-2016 01:59 PM

Wish I could say I have an interesting job, but I do correspondence and customer service for a big financial company. Every day is a simply waiting for five oclock scenario.

I'd have loved to write full time, or else work in filmmaking. I got into my current job simply by being too lazy.

mrsw 07-05-2016 03:41 PM

I'm in the wonderful world of retail. Used to design shop window displays, now I more customer service based. Desperate for a child and tattoo friendly career change.

Stretcher Monkey 13-05-2016 10:52 PM

Paramedic. Love the job when it's helping genuine people. Hate the lack of respect for the profession and the time wasters.

easy 16-05-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretcher Monkey (Post 811400)
Paramedic. Love the job when it's helping genuine people. Hate the lack of respect for the profession and the time wasters.

I have nothing but love for you guys! :sexy:, seriously our country would be fucked without the incredible work and dedication you do. I salute anyone in this profession along with the doctors and nurses who help us to stay alive and well. mucho respecto ]:)

Stretcher Monkey 16-05-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy (Post 811486)
I have nothing but love for you guys! :sexy:, seriously our country would be fucked without the incredible work and dedication you do. I salute anyone in this profession along with the doctors and nurses who help us to stay alive and well. mucho respecto ]:)

Very kind of you. Case in point when Jeremy Hunt referred to us as "Ambulance Drivers" like that's all we do!

brother10 16-05-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy (Post 811486)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretcher Monkey (Post 811528)
Very kind of you. Case in point when Jeremy Hunt referred to us as "Ambulance Drivers" like that's all we do!

couldn't agree anymore with what easy said. sooooo much respect for your guys. even more so for what you're having to put up with from 'our' government at the moment.
jeremy hunt is a fuckwit.