Old 26-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #20651
Jedi Chat Master

they were allready pretty massive before springsteen. I love the first record they did, but the follow up's never seemed to have the same quality of songs.
Slybacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #20652
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybacon View Post
they were allready pretty massive before springsteen. I love the first record they did, but the follow up's never seemed to have the same quality of songs.
They had a following and it was growing, but they were playing venues of no more than 1000 capacity.

I have seen it quite often when bands jump to much larger venues they don't really know how to deal with it and kind of over plan everything which takes away some of their appeal.

Dave.
Old 26-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #20653
Jedi Chat Master

1000 capacity is pretty massive in my book. They were coverstars by 2008.
Slybacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #20654
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika85 View Post
The thing is, these people donated their bodies, just so they could be on display & viewed.
Saying that, there is such a thing as being controversial for no reason & this is only for shock value.
Her music obviously can't speak for itself & she has to resort to these kind of stunts to sell concert tickets.
People donate their bodies to him for medical science, and whilst his Bodyworlds exhibit does have an artistic element to it there's no denying that they're ridiculously educational... they show the human body in a light that 99% of people will never see.

I don't think people donated their bodies to be a stage prop for all of five minutes, and then disgarded once they're no longer creating controversy.
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #20655
Jedi Chat Master

Not going into details but FFS some people are piss taking ungrateful wankers who need their genitals hoisting over their heads with great force and hung out to dry until they are able to stop bitching, moaning and generally taking advantage of my good nature when all I try to do is look after people.

NOT a happy bunny.

And relax...........
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #20656
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
Not going into details but FFS some people are piss taking ungrateful wankers who need their genitals hoisting over their heads with great force and hung out to dry until they are able to stop bitching, moaning and generally taking advantage of my good nature when all I try to do is look after people.

NOT a happy bunny.

And relax...........
Not wanting to be nosey,you sound well pissed off...somebody must ave really fucked you up big style.
new kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #20657
Jedi Chat Master

Not just one, make it some bodies..... which they could quite easily be if I could catch them at the moment

My other half would just like me to point out he is not the guilty party lol
Old 26-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #20658
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
Not just one, make it some bodies..... which they could quite easily be if I could catch them at the moment

My other half would just like me to point out he is not the guilty party lol
Wendy,sounds like you never want to get on the wrong side of you.....go on spill the beans I was only lying before ,I am a nosey bastard.
Old 26-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #20659
Jedi Chat Master

Sorry its not the place but I just need to vent!

I will be ok, feel better now I've got it off my chest and my maternity leave starts today so fuck it, I'm gonna try and relax and make the most of it.

If I could get wankered right now I would but thats off the cards for obvious reasons so chocolate and bubble bath will have to do!
Old 26-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #20660
Rambler

Yeh,stuff yourself with chocolate and relax ,its a shame that you cant have some cider(henry westons vintage 8.2%)lovely....(well you could have a bit)Enjoy youre maternity leave before the sleepless nights start,all the best with the baby and if you catch up with the wankers that pissed you off,remember .....cut the bastards in half.