Old 17-10-2019, 02:36 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Red face Do I need to quit tattooing?

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice as Im having a bit of a dilemma in my apprenticeship. I have been tattooing for just over one year now and I couldnt think of a job Id be more passionate about. I know my work is good considering I have only just started tattooing and I have learnt a lot in one year.

Even though my boss keeps telling me I am doing very well and all my customers seem very happy with their tattoos and send me personal messages thanking me for them etc, I cant help but feel extremely anxious about each and every job I do.

I have noticed my anxiety getting worse with each tattoo rather than easing up and I find myself more terrified of tattooing now than I did on day 1. This is making it very difficult for me to focus as Im constantly thinking about all the things that could possibly go wrong and I cant seem to stop that cycle.

It is getting to a point where I get absolutely terrified when I see a recent customer has messaged me, cause my mind automatically jumps to them either complaining about the tattoo (because I seem to obsess over tiny imperfections) or having gotten an infection etc (regardless of me working hygienically, of course) - I often cannot sleep because Im anxious about possible blowouts, scarring, infections etc etc.

Has anyone struggled with similar issues and if so, how did you overcome them? I really love tattooing and it is driving me mad that I cant just seem to enjoy the process.

Thanks for reading!
Yves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
Chat Slut

work on your self confidence. Look at pictures of work you've done and been praised for. Have confidence in yourself. Be glad that unlike so many out there you don't suffer from over confidence wich would lead you to taking on jobs which you're simply not yet read for. Keep on going push through this and be the best you can be!
TIGERTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Chat Virgin

Hi! I think you have to realise if is the tattoo profession or is a thing that you have to work maybe with a little of help with a doctor?.. Is normal to
Be anxious in the beginning and Tattooing is not a job for everyone but..,you have really passion as You said and can be the best that you did in your life if you find the way to stop the anxious , I think you have to know you a little more about yourself and work in that. I think is important just imagine you leave the tattoo world and you have the same anxious in a profession that you have less passion I think you will regret! Best of luck
siner is offline   Reply With Quote