Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Aftercare? Being Prepared!

Now I know this subject has probably been totally exhausted in about 100 previous threads before but I need to ask, really I do, to save me from reading all those 100 threads plus replies.

I am well excited about getting my first tattoo, really excited so much that I am still toying over two options - design wise. (oh why did I have to look on the website (inkredible kreations) as all I did was see more tattoos I want, as I had everything planned out in my head, now its just too addictive) Anyway I am either stupid or naive, or maybe both in thinking that everything will be cool and all that guff, not registering that it may be extremely sore, go all fusty as I may be a bad healer, and all that, and on that note some friends with tattoos have mentioned to me about creams for aftercare? I logged onto the tattoo aftercare website to find that they do an aftercare cream? Is this effective, or is there something better out there for me. I am really sensitive to a lot of things, which worries me but I have up to now totally managed to block out all those worries by thinking positive , and thinking ahead of all the good times of looking at my lovely tattoo.

Any ideas on this one? Is there something better for me (by the way I am allergic to E45?) or do I go for the cream on the website?

ta in advance
have fun
Linda
LADYBOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to artycow

if you're putting that much effort into your design then spend 30 mins reading posts on aftercare surely shouldnt be too much of a chore

its been debated TO DEATH

next to new posts and quick links is the search option,type in after care,aftercare,bepanthen and/or thc
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I think you need to talk to the person who gives you your tattoo & go with their aftercare advice? - Theres lots of opinions on this but mine is talk to the artist!

Cant wait to see your piccys
http://www.trikeshop.co.uk/
Granny Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I think the problem with asking for advice is there is no one definitive answer. That's why there are so many responses in the threads mentioned. There may be agreements and common ground but no one method works for everyone. People are too different for a catch all solution.
I'm with the first two respondents. Trawl through the responses and see what you make of it all, and take on board the advice of the artist concerned.
debzreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
Chatter Box

too true, the sensible and wise option is always the one staring you right in the face, but like everything else you never see it until someone points it out to you. I will now go and trawl the threads, and speak to gary (otherwise known as dave)

sorry to anyone if this has brought back memories of countless threads on this subject , I want to crawl under a rock for mentioning this again.

ta
linda
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #6
Banned

bepanthen! the nappy rash cream of the gods! use this and yee shall be bestowed with minimal flaking! that and a nice wash off with warm soapy(not scented soap something like dove with moisturiser built in ) water twice a day,pat it dry dont rub and keep it covered for the first days applying bepanthen every time you even think about your new tattoo! remeber to keep the cover fresh so no leaving the same one on for days! once the initial flaking has come off ( leave it to fall off dont bloody pick it off! lol ) and you get to the 'shiney' stage (its the newly formed skin your body has kindly made to keep your tattoo sealed in) use a moisturiser and continue to be nice an gentle with washing it! always wash last and dry first when in the shower/bath,try having a shower as this will minimize the amount of moisture your body will soak up into ur nice fresh tattoo,a bit of moisture is good for it but getting it so soggy your tattoo falls out is baaaaaaaaad! if you get it all soggy the new cells of skin your body is trying to make will get destroyed nooooooooooooooo! avoid getting any shampoos or conditioners over your new ink especially if they contain ceramide R,this can help bleach and ruin your tattoo! its a fresh wound so treat it as such! im sure iv missed loads out but theres enuff folks on here to point you in the rite direction............phew im out of breath now! p.s,this is only my advice,first and foremost listen to your artist!
boothy stylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #7
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothy stylee
bepanthen! the nappy rash cream of the gods! use this and yee shall be bestowed with minimal flaking! that and a nice wash off with warm soapy(not scented soap something like dove with moisturiser built in ) water twice a day,pat it dry dont rub and keep it covered for the first days applying bepanthen every time you even think about your new tattoo! remeber to keep the cover fresh so no leaving the same one on for days! once the initial flaking has come off ( leave it to fall off dont bloody pick it off! lol ) and you get to the 'shiney' stage (its the newly formed skin your body has kindly made to keep your tattoo sealed in) use a moisturiser and continue to be nice an gentle with washing it! always wash last and dry first when in the shower/bath,try having a shower as this will minimize the amount of moisture your body will soak up into ur nice fresh tattoo,a bit of moisture is good for it but getting it so soggy your tattoo falls out is baaaaaaaaad! if you get it all soggy the new cells of skin your body is trying to make will get destroyed nooooooooooooooo! avoid getting any shampoos or conditioners over your new ink especially if they contain ceramide R,this can help bleach and ruin your tattoo! its a fresh wound so treat it as such! im sure iv missed loads out but theres enuff folks on here to point you in the rite direction............phew im out of breath now! p.s,this is only my advice,first and foremost listen to your artist!

thankyou very much , i still wanna crawl under a rock, as I have just been checking out the hundreds of previous threads on this subject...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
Banned

dont worry about it,you can only ask rite? i mean people can either help or they can say no! either way im sure the guy that tattoos you will be happy to answer all of your questions! if hes no prepared to then hes not worth getting your first tattoo from!

hailz.
boothy stylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to artycow

dont worry about it,least you care!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Bep is very very good, however if you're quite sensative, maybe it's worth considering THC as it's all natural ingredient. That's all I'll say bout that.