Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar
Default rate the conventions

...this is the most extensive list I can come up with. Of the ones you have been to, rate these conventions in order of excellence... 1 being the best (apologies if i have missed any).

Newcastle
Gillingham
Perth
swansea
Manchester
Peterlee
portsmouth
derby
tattoojam
London
cardiff
Liverpool
ink and iron
halloween bash
coventry
newport
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Chat Slut

east coast tattoo expo (formely colchester tattoo convention)
Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Bridgwater
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
Banned

In the best possible way, London has spoilled all the other conventions for me. I used to like Manchester and Derby, more for the social side than anything else, but now I just cant be bothered with them. Im less social and more of a tattoo snob than I once was, and what with London being the biggest and best show on the planet, it makes it kinda hard to give a fuck about the others anymore.

The only ones Ill be attending from here on in are hopefully Brighton next year, and then some of the overseas ones with artist lists that compare to London - so shows like Milan, San Jose, New York etc. I wanna save up and get round all those shows in the next few years.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via AIM to maryjane

Out of all the conventions i've attended the past few years i'd say...

Best- not so good.
Brighton
London
Swansea
Cardiff
Halloween
Manchester

Apart from the top two though the rest all had different ellements that I liked, Swansea was just really nice and a good laugh where as The Halloween one was good but not very big. The only reason I put Manchester last was because I spent alot of money that weekend but spent most of my time in the bar, doesn't mean I had a bad time but it wasnt the best convention. Not much to look at for me.
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

I'm too tight to pay for a hotel room so I've only ever been to london and brighton... London being the better of the 2.

www.squidgyart.com
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

Some of the conventions have changed so much that ones that would have been top of my list 6/7 years ago would be at the bottom of my list now *cough Portsmouth and Derby* I have fond memories of both but due to funds and overall better conventions I'd say Top two would be London (really could it BE ANY BETTER?) and Newcastle (Just for the social side and fact that its so goddamn cheap) but socially Liverpool was great too and small but cosy convention so gets a mention
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

The only ones Ill be attending from here on in are hopefully Brighton next year, and then some of the overseas ones with artist lists that compare to London - so shows like Milan, San Jose, New York etc. I wanna save up and get round all those shows in the next few years.
I went to San Jose last year and it was a little disappointing - real small, great artists but no real social aspect + San Jose itself is a shithole

I would spend money going to the San Francisco Body Art Expo if I were you cos at least you can trawl SF after

Free podcasts at www.raijinmedia.comwww.raijinmedia.com

nikolasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Normal for Norfolk

London has to be top but TJ last year was a great show too. The location was beautiful, I'm wondering how Doncaster will compare.
Q. According to Freud, what comes between fear and sex?
A. Fnf.
cunningstunt is offline   Reply With Quote