Old 24-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Choosing a convention

So my wife and I are thinking about going to a tattoo convention in the next year (it's a long time frame I know). We've never been to one before, so we're not sure which one would be a good one to go to.

We have some restrictions though, because we live right on the West coast of Wales, so wouldn't be able to go to London, or Doncaster. What is the Telford one like, any good? I'm thinking if we were really going to plan for it, we could go to Manchester or Liverpool.

Thoughts?
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
anxiousgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
We Are Not Worthy

Been to London, Liverpool and Brighton. Loved them all - and in that order .

Facebook
aram44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

im from america and i am going to make it an absolute priority to go to the london convention. arguably the best convention in the world.
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
im from america and i am going to make it an absolute priority to go to the london convention. arguably the best convention in the world.

What he said. Being from across the pond the only one I would consider on going to would be London. It really couldn't be that big of a drive for you England isn't very big.
Wheatcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
TDK
Chat Slut

London has a great reputation, but if you really can't travel, then Liverpool is great.

Right in the City Centre so you have excellent facilities and a choice of hotels/accommodation/restaurants right on the doorstep.

Always a great artist list, featuring the cream of the British crop, European and World artists, plus there is always someone new to discover.

Best of all, a great vibe, with really cool people who are friendly and polite. Even if you don't have tattoos.

My wife is nowhere near as obsessed as I am with tattoos and conventions, but Liverpool is the one that she insists that we go to every year.
TDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
Chat Virgin

Liverpool and Brighton.
Old 30-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

What about Tattoo Jam people? Was thinking of just getting a day ticket for the Saturday and driving down for the day? Worth while?
fez2013 is offline   Reply With Quote