Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
Chat Slut
 
Eyectopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin , Ireland
Posts: 215
Default

Great find! Great seeing the machines and the Nightingale stuff! I have a good few of Nightingales stencils and few parts from his prototype machine. I'm tempted to get one of his symmetrical designs done from acetate.
Eyectopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master
 
Applehoneypip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Basingstoke :(
Posts: 2,603
Default

Liking the SJ pin-up with the grapes.
__________________
~ Consider The Potato ~
Applehoneypip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #13
Need To Get Out More!
 
Beakyboy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 473
Default

Ok theoretical question here ?
What if you fancied one of the old school flash pictures tattooed today exactly the same !

Would that be ethical or what ?
Ed Hardys stuff has really stood the test of time and some of sailor jerry stuff is great too.
Even though it wouldnt be tattooed by the great man themselves would it be ok to have someone to tattoo that flash today ?
Exact copy ?
I know that it is not on to copy someone elses tatoo exactly but what about flash that is 60 years old ?

Just a question,what are your thoughts ?

Beaks
Beakyboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #14
Queen of F***ing Everything
 
MonkeyChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cardiff - "less visible stabbing than London"
Posts: 9,203
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick
Default

My thoughts are..... That's what the flash was made for..... Use it
__________________
The Happiest Girl In The World

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #15
We Are Not Worthy
 
xrayspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Leeds
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakyboy32 View Post
Ok theoretical question here ?
What if you fancied one of the old school flash pictures tattooed today exactly the same !

Would that be ethical or what ?
Ed Hardys stuff has really stood the test of time and some of sailor jerry stuff is great too.
Even though it wouldnt be tattooed by the great man themselves would it be ok to have someone to tattoo that flash today ?
Exact copy ?
I know that it is not on to copy someone elses tatoo exactly but what about flash that is 60 years old ?

Just a question,what are your thoughts ?

Beaks
I am about to tattoo a sailor jerry design, but I would never try pass it off as an idea i thunked up.

You can't tattoo anyone with any kind of old school design, no matter what your take on it is and not give credit to many artists like Ed Hardy, SJ, Percy waters, HH, stoney... and even the artists that predate them!

Aslong as you give it the respect and do your best. That's my take on it.
xrayspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Need To Get Out More!
 
Beakyboy32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 473
Default

Wish I could find some more stuff on Stoney.

All I have seen is the couple of videos on You tube

Seemed like a real character !

Beaks
Beakyboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master
 
lalala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: warrington
Posts: 1,811
Default

at some point i would like a piece of sailor jerry flash, it has indeed aged well. just what to pick??

go for it!
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
Chat Slut
 
Eyectopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin , Ireland
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakyboy32 View Post
Wish I could find some more stuff on Stoney.

All I have seen is the couple of videos on You tube

Seemed like a real character !

Beaks
There is a Stoney Book and DVD available.
Eyectopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
Chat Slut
 
Eyectopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin , Ireland
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
at some point i would like a piece of sailor jerry flash, it has indeed aged well. just what to pick??

go for it!
There are some good books on Sailor Jerrys flash. There are two books with his sheets of flash and two with copies of his stencils. I have one of his original sheets that I got off Mike Malone a few years ago.
Eyectopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one brim might like! Tim Croke Chit Chat 13 02-02-2008 09:27 AM
bonfire night goes *BANG* type stuff stigmata Chit Chat 14 11-11-2007 06:49 PM
nice artwork BRIM Chit Chat 7 19-01-2005 09:28 PM
big stuff is cool when it does get done.? fred Chit Chat 16 28-11-2004 02:34 AM


SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.