Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #31
Chat Slut

Filip starting tattooing "professionally" in Goa when he was 13 (received two fishes from a fisherman for a cross on his chest)- He only did it full time when the family went back to Lausanne (he was 17 I think) though. And he is home-schooled by Loretta, who is a qualified teacher. Some other oldtimers started really early. Luke Atkinson when he was 16 or 17.
Mike Rubendall worked full time before he was 18 without being tattooed. He went and got two full sleeves right after.
Who cares when you start tattooing. As long as you received enough education and are ready to decide what kind of career you want to take...
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #32
Chat Slut

If you were to start working in a studio under 16 for any reward this would need to be approved by the school and local authority and I would suspect they would be likely to take a view a studio is an enviroments where adults recieve tattoos is this appropriate for a child to be in?? Where its a family business perhaps this feels different, and some children at 16 are incredibly mature and some are immature. In my proffession of social care it is rare to employ under 18's to perform all aspects of a social care role as there are aspects which could be quite adult e.g personal care, being exposed to aggressive behaviour, under 18's are still young and in my eyes personally not yet adults.
boogie wondermama is offline   Reply With Quote