Old 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Chat Virgin

Send a message via MSN to lilkarlh

i will admit alot of thought has gone into this as i was going to have it for my 18th, i wanted it from the age of 15-16 then i went to college and i kinda forgot about it until i reached 18 and decided that is what i wanted. im not going to have it removed, what i have is staying. Tattoo art is something that i have always liked and something i have great respect for. the artist i chose said it is going to be very painful and he doesn't like the idea of doing it for my 1st but he says its me decision thats final.he saide if i go ahead he wants to do my neck and collor bone in small sittings because of the pain it involves.
lilkarlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Chat Virgin

Send a message via MSN to lilkarlh

the shop is called dermographix.it is on the stourbridge road near halesowen.everone i know whos gone there reccomends it and he does seem honest.
lilkarlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Lexx

I'm honest doesn't mean I'd makea great tattoo artist
Lexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
Banned

Fucking hell. Hereís some advice for you - please DO NOT get your neck tattooed yet. Almost everyone here will tell you that they regret their first couple of tattoos. Most of us didnít really settle on which styles of tattooing we loved until weíd already started getting work, and by then, sometimes itís too late.

Getting your neck tattooed for your first tattoo is 99% guaranteed to be a terrible mistake that youíll end up regretting. Getting it tattooed aged 19 makes it even worse.

When I was 19, I though new-school tattoos were the dogís bollocks, and Iíd have covered myself in them very quickly if Iíd had the money. Now Iím a little more educated and Iíve been getting tattooed for a longer period of time, my tastes have settled on traditional and Japanese work, and I think new-school is fucking shit. Thank god I only have new-school work on my arms, because if it was on my neck Iíd be devestated.

Also, I would hazard a guess that tribal tattoos are the number one style of tattoo that people come to regret.

Another thing, like someone else pointed out - Iíll be the tattooer isnít all that great. You might think he is, but being the best in the area doesnít necessarily mean heís any good. No tattooer worth their salt would tattoo a 19 year oldís neck with ugly tribal for their first tattoo. Not one.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

I can only echo the sentiments of others but I would strongly urge you not to get a neck tattoo for your first tattoo, or at this age.

I had ideas of what I wanted from 14-18 that never changed, but by the time I was 20-21 they certainly had. And it's not just getting a job that is hindered by having a neck tattoo, it's public opinion at large. You may think you don't care what other people think but I know some very individual and strong people that have been frustrated by the attitude they receive because of it at times.

You need to think very long and hard about this. Consider having the half sleeve done and extending onto the neck later in life.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to LuciiFera

When I was a nipper, I wanted an eagle and a panther on my forearms like my Dad. When I was 16-17 I toyed with the idea of getting a big black spiky tribal sleeve, just like the ones I had drawn in the back of my college notebook.

I would have looked seriously bad ass if I had gone ahead with those plans haha.

I think people should be banned from making large scale tattoo plans for themselves till they hit retirement.
LuciiFera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #17
Chat Slut

lilkarlh, check out the been impressed with a tattoo thread on here see if that opens your eyes a little to what can be achieved, mate im 21 and already getting stuff lazer removed
Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Banned

My wife is 23, and she's been for a consultation today to see about having a full sleeve lasered. A sleeve that she started aged about 18 or 19 before she knew what she wanted or who to go to.

Seriously, think long and hard and look around for a GREAT tattooer. Not just 'the best guy round here', but someone truly great.

Many of us would love to have an entirely blank canvas, and would do anything to help educate people lucky enough to have a blank canvas just what they could do with it if they researched a little more, were prepared to wait a little longer, and travel a little further.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to LuciiFera

Thankfully the tattoos that I got pre '05 were black and grey, and extremely responsive to laser treatment. Win.
LuciiFera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Chat Slut

The good thing about tribal (if there is such a thing) is that you can easily add to. Stop wanting to impress your friends and look cool by having it reach your neck. If you absolutely must get tribal rather than an actual piece of artwork, stop at the shoulder and add later once you have a career established and so forth.
Deran is offline   Reply With Quote