Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #21
Rambler

I just read an artists interview in the last skin deep I think it was Ryan Mason, and he talks about greed in the industry, I could'nt agree more this whole 'professional' kit thing it's all greedy people that arent happy with what they have and they want the world it make's me so mad
and what makes it worse is my friends are always encouraging me to get a kit because they want free tattoos they just dont understand why it's wrong even though I try to explain ARRGGH (p.s. obviously I wont get a kit)
jake.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

To be honest, I actually kind of agree with the automatic response Amazon offered. What is being requested of them is censorship, and where should they (and we) draw the line?

Until such time as the government steps in and makes it illegal to sell tattoo supplies to non-industry folk, Amazon is perfectly within its rights to sell to whomsoever they choose.
David T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #23
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelrok View Post
will ditch my amazon account.
talk about shooting yourself in the foot though, quitting amazon, rly? just cos some knob sells tattoo gear?

seen the machines for a tenner?

im gonna get bez one and see what he can do with it, just for the lols.
Give_Me_Fire_Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #24
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David T-W View Post
To be honest, I actually kind of agree with the automatic response Amazon offered. What is being requested of them is censorship, and where should they (and we) draw the line?

Until such time as the government steps in and makes it illegal to sell tattoo supplies to non-industry folk, Amazon is perfectly within its rights to sell to whomsoever they choose.
There is a slight difference between censorship & allowing something dangerous to be sold to the wrong type of people. They used to sell knives on Amazon but they took them down, the kits should be treated in the same way.
But you're right. Until the government make it illegal, than Amazon will choose to sell to whomever they want.
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
Bring on the Trumpets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Me_Fire_Shorts View Post
talk about shooting yourself in the foot though, quitting amazon, rly? just cos some knob sells tattoo gear?

always happy to shoot myself in the foot if it means i stick to what i believe. maybe i am a numbut for it. but i know where i stand in life.
vogelrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Me_Fire_Shorts View Post

they will work.. but for how long is questionable.

may need a tweek but iv baught a few cheap ass machine in the past to see how bad they are and they worked a treat.
saturns_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturns_shadow View Post
they will work.. but for how long is questionable.

may need a tweek but iv baught a few cheap ass machine in the past to see how bad they are and they worked a treat.
I've heard the cheap Chinese ones can make good frames. That's about it really.
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

is it censorship to sell flick knives and air rifles to 15 yr olds?

what's the difference?
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #29
Chat Virgin

Send a message via MSN to Cherri Diamond
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgystar View Post
is it censorship to sell flick knives and air rifles to 15 yr olds?

what's the difference?
So true. Never mind the fact that with these machines anyone could do awful tattoos, what about if they were used as a weapon. Lighters, razors etc. are illegal for under 18's, so surely this should be the same. I think for this reason alone you all have a good solid case to get the tattoo machines taken off amazon. I know somebody who was abused once by way of a forced tattoo, and it's haunted them their whole life long. Which is why I also believe they should only be available to professionals.
Cherri Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David T-W View Post

We then had a similar conversation to this at work. At the end of the day its freedom of choice for people getting said tattoo, people can do what they want with their own bodies, if they want to binge drink, self harm, take drugs, unprotected sex, shit tattoos their choice and we cant tell them otherwise. I mean really you know that if your mate who has no training is tattooing you from their house with an ebay/amazon kit its gonna be substandard.

The thing that annoys me more is when people start opening up shops and doing it as a business. And the EHO does nothing to shop them. Uneducated Joe public falls victim unwittingly, as most would assume that if you go into a health registered shop with flash designs, that they are going to walk away with a reasonable standard tattoo. They are the poor punters who really didnt know better.
http://www.myspace.com/livingcolourtattoostudio

www.livingcolourtattoostudio.com
Ink Minx is offline   Reply With Quote