Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Bristol artist

Anyone worth their ink working out of Bristol? Ben Boston is the only guy I've found worth checking out. There seems to be a vast amount of shops putting out some well below par work.
Jumpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I had a quick check for you and this studio seems to produce reasonable work, especially japenese style tattoos...what is it you are after?
http://www.southmeadtats.co.uk/
Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
zoller_hellcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberspace View Post
I had a quick check for you and this studio seems to produce reasonable work, especially japenese style tattoos...what is it you are after?
http://www.southmeadtats.co.uk/
Are we looking at the same website? Most of the work is fucking awful...and why is there a pic of Louis Molloy on there?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to natstats

I'd be a little wary of Ben Boston's work too - I remember back along he had taken without asking two of Automatica's drawings and tattooed them on someone. The tattoos were not awful but not brilliant either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBean
I kinda don't trust people that don't have a little bit of shit on them somewhere....
natstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

i was only trying to help, i thought some of that work was nice.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Need To Get Out More!

Ben has done work on me in the past and I am happy with it - he has a HUGE waiting list though, and I find he's a little pricey these days - I think his going rate is 75ph. I'd suggest avoiding Skin Deep in Old Market - they don't do 'custom' work, they just splice together diferent bits of flash, plus their politics are a bit sketchy, and they don't seem to have a problem tattooing the hands and throats of 18 year olds with nowt else. Holey Skin can be OK depending on who you see, but I've never seen anything amazing come from there, and again they are really quite pricey for the standard of work. Marcos and John at Pierced Up are both good, Marcos has a tendedcy towards old school and neo-traditional and John is a good all-rounder.

Personally, I would suggest going across the bridge to Wales - the standard over there is SO much better - I lived in Cardiff/Newport for almost 4 years and got the majority of my work done by Loz at Tattoo Addiction, and Joey who works there is another good all-rounder. Then there's John Treharne at Skin Creation, Brim at Nu-Rose who I am booking in with soon [he posts here, have a look around for his work], and then there's Studio 7 in Llanelli [I think that's where it is anyway].
simonightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Banned

Send a message via MSN to BOOTNECK

To be honest if I were Brizzle way I'd consider going down to see Wendy at Kustom Kulture in Weston super Mare,she puts out some lovely work
BOOTNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Awww shucks

Thanks!
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

some might not like the lads down in old market....(attitudes.?).

but i have seen ozzy tattoo some really nice tattoos......not just necks,faces,or hands.

dave ayers might not have been everyones friend but he also tattoo some fukking great pieces.

rest in peace dave.

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Must admit i never get any work done in Bristol and travel outside for my pieces, as i am not a fan of anyone in Bristols work.

Its a shame for Bristol as it has a good tattoo heritage and is crying out for a decent artist.
easy is offline   Reply With Quote