Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
Need To Get Out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpup View Post
Interesting response guys, thanks. I actually live in Brizzle - I didn't even know about the Southmead shop - by the way the works sucks!

I have a piece by Ben. Nice guy and his work has vastly improved over the years. But his prices are steep, but as already mentioned he has a long ole waiting list, you can't get a slot now until Feb of next year.

The Holy Skin shops put out some shocking work for sure, all owned by some very unpleasant characters. It would appear that the Hells Angels are still heavily involved in the business and have the final say on who can and can’t open a tattoo shop in Bristol. A family member of mine opened a shop on Glos. Road, both him and his business partner were badly beaten by two men after repeated threats to hand over a large amount of their profits. The case finally went to court; however he continues to have threats made against his family (including his kids). The two men in question made no secret about being linked with the Angels. This may explain the lack of quality in the city?

As for Skin Deep in old market…. Yeah Ozzy can put out some good work… but man they are a bunch of racists with bad attitudes. Personally I would steer well clear.

I’ve been looking at Sam Boyce in Salisbury as a possible, plus I think I may have to pop in and see Wendy.
I heard of the HA's beating up a rival when I first moved here but thought it was an urban legend... damn. I live up the road from the Holey Skin in Redfield/Lawrence Hill and the place looks dirty and is always frequented by mouth-breathing pikeys. And they do those joke "Intensive Tattoo Courses".
simonightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #22
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Bristol would be a great place for anyone wanting to open a decent shop. I'm sure I will move back at some point so it would be nice to know there was a good local shop.
Well, it may not be in Bristol but your old friend Fil, formerly of Woodys in London, and at the moment part time at Physical Graffiti in Cardiff (Tues and Sat) has got his studio set up and running in Bath now, as of 3 or 4 months ago. Very pleased to say I had the first piece done in the new studio There is also a piercer in residence there too. A very decent fellow, and don't half turn out some fine work.......... 'ave a look

http://www.inkdependant.com

None too far from Brizzle
Old 07-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #23
Chat Virgin

This is my first contribution, but I second the recommendation for Wendy at Kustom Kulture in Worle. She did an amazing cover up on my leg and I would have more from her, but I moved to another part of the country (that's not to say I won't ever get anything else from her!)
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #24
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
This is my first contribution, but I second the recommendation for Wendy at Kustom Kulture in Worle. She did an amazing cover up on my leg and I would have more from her, but I moved to another part of the country (that's not to say I won't ever get anything else from her!)
Fairplay, I hear Wendy is the lady for cover ups. I've been checking her myspace and she puts out some solid work.
Jumpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
Need To Get Out More!

Indeed, I was hoping to put some work Wendy's way with someone at work wanting a cover-up, but she's gone to the friend of one of the orange bimbo at work's mate's second cousin's step-dad twice removed who's a scratcher, with a ROUGH design I'd drawn up for too, so now some kitchen wizard fuck is going to butcher her for the second time. You'd think some people would learn eh?

On a related note, some girls followed me and the wife home tonight and asked us directions to Holey Skin in LH, I should have told them to go somewhere else but couldn't be arsed really - all this heat is wearing me down!
simonightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #26
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipTop View Post
Well, it may not be in Bristol but your old friend Fil, formerly of Woodys in London, and at the moment part time at Physical Graffiti in Cardiff (Tues and Sat) has got his studio set up and running in Bath now, as of 3 or 4 months ago. Very pleased to say I had the first piece done in the new studio There is also a piercer in residence there too. A very decent fellow, and don't half turn out some fine work.......... 'ave a look

http://www.inkdependant.com

None too far from Brizzle
Just checked your myspace page, some top quality work indeed!!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #27
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonightmare View Post
Indeed, I was hoping to put some work Wendy's way with someone at work wanting a cover-up, but she's gone to the friend of one of the orange bimbo at work's mate's second cousin's step-dad twice removed who's a scratcher, with a ROUGH design I'd drawn up for too, so now some kitchen wizard fuck is going to butcher her for the second time. You'd think some people would learn eh?

On a related note, some girls followed me and the wife home tonight and asked us directions to Holey Skin in LH, I should have told them to go somewhere else but couldn't be arsed really - all this heat is wearing me down!
Some people just never learn. I go to lots of music festivals and the host of shite tattoos on show is beyond reason. I've had so many comments about a couple of my pieces (Dawnii and Cory Fergerson) its crazy. All it takes is a bit of thought and a tiny bit of bloody effort to get a quality tattoo!

As for the girls........... poor, poor people.... I wonder if they were after a tram stamp!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #28
Chat Virgin

As for the girls........... poor, poor people.... I wonder if they were after a tram stamp![/QUOTE]

ahhhhhh the tramp stamp....................
Lorna181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #29
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna181 View Post
As for the girls........... poor, poor people.... I wonder if they were after a tram stamp!
ahhhhhh the tramp stamp....................[/QUOTE]

gotta love the tramp stamp!!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #30
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpup View Post
It would appear that the Hells Angels are still heavily involved in the business and have the final say on who can and canít open a tattoo shop in Bristol. A family member of mine opened a shop on Glos. Road, both him and his business partner were badly beaten by two men after repeated threats to hand over a large amount of their profits. The case finally went to court; however he continues to have threats made against his family (including his kids). The two men in question made no secret about being linked with the Angels. This may explain the lack of quality in the city?
Was that the place next to what is now a cafe-type place? I used to live around the corner and raised an eyebrow when I saw a studio there. I meant to take a look but when I finally got the time, it wasn't there anymore. Then the whispers starting going around that it was the Hell's Ankles (sorry Angels) and it pissed me off! ASSHOLES!!