Old 29-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Default x factor

So for the first time I watched the x-factor and now I realise why we get so many girls coming in asking for hand tattoos and underage kids wanting tattoos,
A 16 year old on national television with a very visible tattoo on their wrist and a ‘popstar’ judge with a tattoo on the side of her hand is taking tattooing to new lows. These people do not live in the real world. They are setting bad examples and making tattoos a fashion, this is not a bag or a pair of fucking shoes!
And all the underage kids we turn away, and the 18 year old girls we turn away for a hand tattoo’s will just go else where and find a means to get what they want.

Sooner or later the shit will hit the fan

End of rant
craigylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Chat Slut

That is so true, Lloyd who is 16 has a tattoo of L on his wrist ( I always think why do you need your own intial tattooed unless you have an amenesia issue) and every week it makes me cross, there will be young girls all thinking its cool, its NOT COOL!
boogie wondermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Yup we have seen a rise in underage kids trying to get tattooed thanks to that kid on the show, 'hey if he has it it must be legal'

. . . no it just makes him a dick.
http://www.myspace.com/livingcolourtattoostudio

www.livingcolourtattoostudio.com
Ink Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Btw, look at the front cover of the Woman's mag 'More.' Cheryl's on the cover & they haven't retouched the tattoo on her hand.

I'm thinking of buying it, cutting it out & just showing everyone who wants that shitty little tattoo.
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
Chatter Box

Send a message via MSN to Magpyex

I had to pause the X-Factor during Lloyd's performance this weekend to do a double take

Tattooing seems to be all the rage at my school at the minute. My ex and his friends have all recently bought machines off of Ebay and started tattooing each other. But of course, it's totally safe because OMG they practised for like, a whole week on some fruit AND they have disposable needles
As for tattooing people underage, one of my friends argued with me that you can get tattooed at 16 with perental consent. When I told her that infact, you can't she told me that I must be wrong because her Citizenship teacher had told her that you could! Surely schools should be trying to protect their students instead of reinforcing playground rumours?
Old 29-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika85 View Post
Btw, look at the front cover of the Woman's mag 'More.' Cheryl's on the cover & they haven't retouched the tattoo on her hand.

I'm thinking of buying it, cutting it out & just showing everyone who wants that shitty little tattoo.

Ooh..thanks for letting me know about this, I'll be having a look later and possibly buying. We get asked nearly every single day about hand tattoos. I just do not get it. You have a whole fricking body to tattoo.

And NO NO NO you can't get tattooed with parental consent arggghjjjjjhjhhhhh!!! Sorry, personal gripe. seeth*
Old 29-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

i'd be inclined to make a complaint to the school
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Tattooing seems to be all the rage at my school at the minute.
It was kids turning up at school covered in tattoos (albeit done by pros) that originally led to the Tattooing of Minors Act, I believe.
David T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beany63 View Post
Ooh..thanks for letting me know about this, I'll be having a look later and possibly buying. We get asked nearly every single day about hand tattoos. I just do not get it. You have a whole fricking body to tattoo.

And NO NO NO you can't get tattooed with parental consent arggghjjjjjhjhhhhh!!! Sorry, personal gripe. seeth*

No problem. We now have signs all over the studio stating that we don't tattoo hands & necks.
I was utterly sick to death of repeating myself a million times a day.
I'm gonna buy that mag, blow up the pic & point to it every time someone asks for that fucking tattoo.
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

a lass at work got some "cole" hand tattage..

I tried to talk her out of it.. but she was having none of it.

she hates it now it looks like a 5 year olds drawn it on with a sharpie

lulz.
Give_Me_Fire_Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote