Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie wondermama View Post
That is so true, Lloyd who is 16 has a tattoo of L on his wrist ( I always think why do you need your own intial tattooed unless you have an amenesia issue) and every week it makes me cross, there will be young girls all thinking its cool, its NOT COOL!
Was that "L" so he knew which hand to write with?!
Lorna181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna181 View Post
Was that "L" so he knew which hand to write with?!
Lol! Would be interested in finding out which studio (if it was a studio) did that for him. There's no way he could pass for 18!
tat2loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
Chat Slut

Was it my imagination or had some sort of concealer (sp?) been used on his Tat in the weekend shows?

Seemed less prominent than when I first noticed it.

Dave.
JustDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to sammeh
Red face

That woman has a lot to answer for.......

2 hand tattoos appeared in my office this week, which is bad enough, but one of the women who has had one done herself has let her 16 year old daughter get one. In complete ignorance of the advice of tattooists she visited who refused to do it for both technical and common-sense reasons.

Of course when they came in to the office, they were dismayed to find someone's next door neighbour could've done it for a tenner.

*facepalm*
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to squidgystar

people like this deserve shit tattoos in highly visible places... it's like corporate branding for stupid people
If we just took one second and used it to be inspired or to put our self in those people shoes and learn from them rather than trying to compete I Know we would start to understand how beautiful learning is… For we can learn from even the simplest of men. For the true test of self confidence is having the courage to acknowledge, and to be open to new ideas regardless of their source.

www.squidgyart.com
squidgystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #26
Need To Get Out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeh View Post
That woman has a lot to answer for.......

2 hand tattoos appeared in my office this week, which is bad enough, but one of the women who has had one done herself has let her 16 year old daughter get one. In complete ignorance of the advice of tattooists she visited who refused to do it for both technical and common-sense reasons.

Of course when they came in to the office, they were dismayed to find someone's next door neighbour could've done it for a tenner.

*facepalm*
This is almost EXACTLY what I've encountered this week - just started a new job on Monday and one of the orange peroxide mongs has a Cheryl... it's basically on her hand rather than on the side, and it's even worse than the original somehow... spotted it within 2 minutes and she's on the 'ignore' list... then one of the other new starters told me she let her 15 year old daughter get the same thing after signing a consent form... fuckery!
simonightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to sammeh

Quote:
people like this deserve shit tattoos in highly visible places... it's like corporate branding for stupid people
Well - i do agree to an extent, i just think it sucks that the majority of folk (i.e. my potential future employers) can't tell the difference between a good tattoo and a shit one (or badly-thought out impulsive 'trendy' nonsense from ART), and us folk with a bit of sense end up being the ones not getting visible work we might otherwise want, while people like this perpetuate negative stereotypes about tattooed folk!

I may have used the word folk too many times in that post. Excuse my laziness. It's entirely unrelated to my tattoos.

Last edited by sammeh; 03-11-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: forgot to reply properly
sammeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #28
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammeh View Post
Well - i do agree to an extent, i just think it sucks that the majority of folk (i.e. my potential future employers) can't tell the difference between a good tattoo and a shit one (or badly-thought out impulsive 'trendy' nonsense from ART), and us folk with a bit of sense end up being the ones not getting visible work we might otherwise want, while people like this perpetuate negative stereotypes about tattooed folk!.
THAT'S the bit that always get me. I have a pretty cake on my hand but that makes me tattooed freak. Chav chick has tribal bullshit on his hand but that's ok cos it's fashion innit bruv

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote