Lidocaine + Prilocaine + Benzocaine+ Gentamycin

Ideal for:

Tattooing
Body piercing
Body & bikini waxing
Laser tattoo & hair removal
Cosmetic tattooing

Directions for use:

Roughly cleanse the skin with some alcohol rub on cotton wool to ensure all dead skin cells are removed.
Apply the cream evenly on the skin, maintaining a 2-3mm thickness.
Wrap tightly with cling film.

I use this cream myself and have found that the recommended time of 45 minutes is not long enough and keep it on for at least 60 90 minutes to achieve deep anaesthesia for a maximum of 2 hours.i have tried most of the creams and this one amitop and emla are the only ones that work.To buy 10g of amitop or emla would be 13 so this is half the price also we use it in are studio and it works fine.Ask me for discount for larger quantaties.

www.deepnumb.co.uk starting at 5.00
billbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Live Action Auteur

Or just suck it up!
Which is a tried, tested and cheaper option.

*Edited to add

Do people really use drugs for a bikini wax?
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Rambler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaHK View Post
Or just suck it up!

*Edited to add

I know people who absolutely just cannot, 'suck it up', literally cannot do it,including one of the bravest squaddies I have ever met, and have been told by others that, 'you have to earn your tattoo', what a load of sh%te!which is why i originally asked the question.
tobybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Live Action Auteur

I never say that stuff about deserving or not. I don't really care who gets tattooed or in which area, I believe in personal responsibility!

But I really don't get the painkiller thing at all.
Having a tattoo just isn't that painful and people starting out of context threads like this one (which is really just an advert) perpetrates the idea that being tattooed is excruciating and it just isn't.

I recently had an hour and a half in a spot that was so painful that I cried big, silent tears.

But I sat though it and within a couple of hours any pain was totally eclipsed by the joy of a new tattoo.

I'm not anti pain killers, I wouldn't suggest someone had an operation without them, but tattoos are a surface scratch and a bikini wax is even less than that. We're not even talking broken bone pain.

People have been getting tattooed for far longer than numbing creams have been around.

Your thread was about sessions longer than 4 hours, which is unnecessary, there is a reason that large tattoos are usually done in multiple sittings!

Maybe your friend should try hypnotism or therapy rather than Emla, as it's a pain that is acceptable for most other healthy people. Perhaps he has an underlying issue?

Edited to add:
I don't really have anything against people having artificial help to sit for a tattoo but I do have something against first post advertising!
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Mumbler

Well said Paula I couldnt agree more.
I believe that if you want something you have to pay the price. The price for a tattoo is some pain.
Some spots hurt more than others and some people fell it more.
If you cant take it for more than 30 minutes your gonna need more sessions not numbing cream.
cornishtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Rambler

Quote:
Having a tattoo just isn't that painful and people starting out of context threads like this one (which is really just an advert) perpetrates the idea that being tattooed is excruciating and it just isn't.

I recently had an hour and a half in a spot that was so painful that I cried big, silent tears.

But I sat though it and within a couple of hours any pain was totally eclipsed by the joy of a new tattoo.

I don't really have anything against people having artificial help to sit for a tattoo but I do have something against first post advertising!
Bit strange you say on the one hand that tattooing really isn't painful and in the next breath say you cried big silent tears from the pain!!

You're correct that everyone feels it differently but it does hurt to get tattooed and i think telling people that it doesn't is irresponsible. Yes there are varying degrees of pain but it is pain!

I also don't agree with the 'no pain, no gain' post below your last.It's getting back to that ridiculous, 'you've got to earn them,' atitude. If there's a safe way of numbing it and you want it numbed, then numb it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Agree with you on the first post advertising:-)
tobybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Chat Slut

I have always thought pain was there for a reason and if it's not intense then your body can sort out it's own pain relief. I you think it's going to hurt it sure will.
Old 21-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Mumbler

This is a tuff one because none of my tattoo's hurt that much except a large clipper ship i had going over my ribs and into my arm pit area. Now that hurt like crazy i even but my wallet in my mouth for something to bite on! .. personally when i have my other side done i wont use any creams or pills i will have to suck it in and deal with it for a couple of hours! but i rekon that if people cant deal with it then why not use something to help there pain. Its like sportsman and women alot of them get injurys but use strapping or deepheat or a whole host of stuff to be able to carry out there sports without as much pain. they dont just suck it up as they have a alternative!!

if you dont like the pain and cant handle it then find something to help you!! simple
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor." LOG
Inked_Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #9
Mumbler

Quote:
Or just suck it up!

*Edited to add

You said it!! (isnt that part of the fun anyhow??)
Dixie Dementia is offline   Reply With Quote