Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tattoo Talk (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Shaving/waxing/hair removal cream... (http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20928)

aram44 18-12-2011 07:17 PM

Shaving/waxing/hair removal cream...

hey guys.

i was just wondering how long i should wait to wax/use hair removal cream on my tattoo?

i read that you should wait a month before shaving again, but dont really wanna shave it again...

any advice would be great.

cheers, Aram

V 18-12-2011 08:59 PM

Oh my you must be really hairy ha ha. It takes months for the hair to even start growing back on my non-leg tattoos. And OK, I'm a woman so not as hairy, but even so, how quickly must your hair grow?!
All I can say is that I'd be careful with wax and hair removal creams. I don't know anything specifically with regard to tattoos, but the creams are mega toxic (they open your pores; that doesn't sound healthy for a new tattoo) and waxing removes skin. I'd wait until you're fully healed, however long that is for you. For me it's a couple of months.

aram44 18-12-2011 09:05 PM

this is how hairy i am
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...07293254_n.jpg

lol

i got the tattoo done on the 2/3 of this month and the hair is around 10mm long now. i want to remove the hair before the Brighton convention (29th Jan).

my artist recommend i get laser removal for my forearm when i get the sleeve finished, but not sure about costs etc.

thanks for the advice :)

Aram

V 18-12-2011 09:12 PM

Ha ha you monkey! I must admit though, with a tattoo as good as that one I'd be gutted when the hair started to grow back too. Hope your tattooist charged you extra for razors beyond the call of duty!

aram44 18-12-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 656314)
Ha ha you monkey! I must admit though, with a tattoo as good as that one I'd be gutted when the hair started to grow back too. Hope your tattooist charged you extra for razors beyond the call of duty!

Racist. (lol, only joking!)

yer, bit of a pain tbh....hahahah, i shaved where i was staying so i could use a sensitive cream that i use as dry shaving would give give me a proper rash and itch like hell (itches enough now!!!)

burridge1984 18-12-2011 09:28 PM

Sometimes I use my hair clippers with no guard and trim the hair to less than a mm in length. Almost looks like no hair as minimal left. This will mean zero chance of scratching or agravating the skin.

???

aram44 18-12-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burridge1984 (Post 656316)
Sometimes I use my hair clippers with no guard and trim the hair to less than a mm in length. Almost looks like no hair as minimal left. This will mean zero chance of scratching or agravating the skin.

???

yer, ive got some clippers. i use them in my nether region with a grade 1 attachment and it still itches..

ideally want no hair at all but will try this first.

cheers dude

Benny Harvey 18-12-2011 11:30 PM

why dont u contact nicklas and ask him for advice on whats the best thing to do at the moment, other than laser removal.

aram44 18-12-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny Harvey (Post 656326)
why dont u contact nicklas and ask him for advice on whats the best thing to do at the moment, other than laser removal.

well he recommended laser removal as the hair will never grow back (as far as im aware).

may just waxing the forearm and use clippers on rest from then on.

Benny Harvey 18-12-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aram44 (Post 656327)
well he recommended laser removal as the hair will never grow back (as far as im aware).

may just waxing the forearm and use clippers on rest from then on.

i believe that laser removal is quite expensive and if u r going to get more tattoos u would probably need to get them all removed of hair. ad say ur best bet is to wax it.