Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Chat Virgin

instead of giving the guy advice you all critised hes tatt and that is snobbery.
peterjsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Then don't come back, no one is forcing you. By the sounds of it it doesn't sound like your input is particularly needed.

And sorry, but a sleeve is not a 'tatt', it's a collection of tattoos that cover your entire arm, and an entire arm is a hell of a canvas to fill with something mediocre just because it's got a meaning behind it. If I'm a snob because I don't think defending ugly tattoos because of sentimental meaning is a working defence then that's fine. I'm simply under the impression that sentimental tattoos can look good as well, sorry if that makes me a snob in your mind, your attitude makes you a troglodyte in mine.

People here can be harsh, but that's because we have a collection of talented tattoo artists, people who have been travelling up and down the country to get the very best tattoos and people who truly love tattoos in general. People here are looking at the best in the industry, surely you knew that before you came here? Sorry if that seems harsh, but what's the point in advising someone to continue something they find ugly? It's not going to work, it's going to look horrible, maybe a little harshness now will save a lot of regret in the future.

Last edited by Rosco5; 29-07-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Rosco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
We Are Not Worthy

I dont think all I did was criticise, I gave advice, the exact same advice I would have given if he has walked into my studio in person. I gave my honest opinion, I am not going to lie for the sake of politeness. If it all means a lot to him, and he likes it, then good luck to him. My opinion is not needed.
Diezel_FW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
Chat Virgin

What is that thing just above the Polynesian im trying to work it out and cant tell what it is?????
qertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by qertyuiop View Post
What is that thing just above the Polynesian im trying to work it out and cant tell what it is?????
I think it's a frog.
Old 29-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Chat Virgin

thats one shit tattoo of a frog lol

Last edited by qertyuiop; 29-07-2012 at 10:27 PM.
qertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
Chatter Box

I'm sorry, but it sounds pretty weird to me that a small girl designs by her own a Koi. (!?!?). And I didn't get the connections with the maori style.
I think it's just an excuse. But since I can't be sure of this, I just take it as it is.
If you are happy, bro, I'm happy for you.
Old 30-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
Chat Virgin

Default Inspiration

Hi!

Well, first of all I agree with most others in this thread. This tattoo looks very bad! But If the guy likes it and it's the way he wanted it then congratulations. Also I must say I don't really believe the story about the girl either. But hey, it really doesn't concern me. Maybe you can get some inspiration from this video:
A Guide To Japanese Tattoos - YouTube
DonGori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

If you want help with good designs in a polynesian style contact rpacheo.

And maybe calm down and stop taking offence to stuff that is basically opinion. But bear in mind this opinion is of professional artists and avid collectors. They do have a lot of knowledge to share.

http://mytellings.blogspot.co.uk/
dougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
Chat Virgin

its not wanting a tattoo that looks good that is snobbery... it's judging other's tattoos on how they look... everyone's tattoo has personal meanings and people like different things and looks.. the whole point of that thread is not about bitching other people..it's about helping me find a kind of background that would make the drawings popout!!!
But snobbery here we mean telling people yours is better,,, but better to who ? you ? I am never gonna tell somebody their tattoo is not good. I might say i would not personnaly wear it but never that it's not a good design.
you guys keep judging my decisions on the drawings i included in the sleeve.. this is not why i am here..
pllefrancois is offline   Reply With Quote