Old 24-05-2018, 12:52 AM   #51
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffrew View Post
I'd be lying if I said that idea hadn't occurred to me. If I was going to do that (and I might very well), I'd like to include Lex Luthor in his battle armour. I reckon Dane's style with a bunch of Luthor purple & green would look pretty sick.

I've got two gaps to finish on the right arm now and I'm probably going to get Blue Beetle or Supergirl and Zatanna. I love the blue in the Superman piece but it's so far up my arm that it's exposed less often, so I a want to add a piece with blue in it down there. Zatanna on the area around my elbow most likely.
A meticulous planner you are, like it. Great sleeve, love the style, it reminds me of golden age comic graphics.
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 02:20 AM   #52
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffrew View Post
I'd be lying if I said that idea hadn't occurred to me. If I was going to do that (and I might very well), I'd like to include Lex Luthor in his battle armour. I reckon Dane's style with a bunch of Luthor purple & green would look pretty sick.

I've got two gaps to finish on the right arm now and I'm probably going to get Blue Beetle or Supergirl and Zatanna. I love the blue in the Superman piece but it's so far up my arm that it's exposed less often, so I a want to add a piece with blue in it down there. Zatanna on the area around my elbow most likely.
I'd defo do it after you have finished your good guy sleeve.

It would create like a positive/negative theme and be amazing.

I like your style aswell because it's a homage to the classic comics not like everyone these days just getting realism from the latest film.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:21 AM   #53
Chat Virgin

So I went for Nightwing as my next piece and injected a little blue into a narrow gap in my forearm with what I think is pretty good use of a comics style dynamic pose. Check it out.

Now I've got a big 'square' ish area on the back of and around my elbow. Not sure whether it will take up all of that but we're going to be doing a version of Batgirl (in her purple costume) but cut into 'slices' and a bit different to some of the others again. Probably get that done in the new year.

Hm, wish I could rotate that image. I took it straight up and down. Nightwing is leaping 'up' my arm, towards the Flash.
Attached Thumbnails
Thoughts?-fullsizeoutput_892.jpg  

Last edited by maffrew; 04-12-2018 at 04:26 AM.
maffrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #54
Jedi Chat Master

Very cool!
Old 21-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #55
Chat Virgin

I'm back with some more!

I've had the next piece done, this time filling in the final significant gap which was over and around my elbow. Ouch it hurt a bit this time!

I've got a version of Batgirl, again by Dane Tutty. I've attached a couple of photos but bear in mind it's actually not quite finished. The purple is all done but he needs to add some yellow to the costume and a couple of other highlights here and there. We ran out of time today unfortunately as I had to get the kids from school and we didn't quite get started early enough.

When I go back in a month he's going to finish Batgirl off and add some work at the end of my wrist to bring it right to the edge of my hand as at the moment it finishes a bit short.
Attached Thumbnails
Thoughts?-mpgpy-pgtdaknd3xpa7-7a.jpg   Thoughts?-7v-l9e-csggxshuxticrjq.jpg  
maffrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #56
Jedi Chat Master

Can't wait to see the end result, it's coming together so well!
Old 23-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #57
Jedi Chat Master

Brilliant