Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice

Well, Hello
I'm really not sure where to start, Im on this board for some advice on my sleeve that ive spent a lot of time crying over.
Believe it or not, this whole sleeve was done by the same artist, however it looks like some points were dont by different artists. The reason I came on this board was to look for tips on coverups and corrections which im getting done by a very well-known artist that has a 6-month waiting period.

So the following things are what I am looking to cover up, any advice on how to cover it, or what to cover it with would be helpful. I dont want to use color because I am very pale and always decided against it, plus I like black and white.

The rose on my wrist, the bee on my neck, the tree on my arm, and the clock beneath the tree.

I would like to get the following to be more realistic and have better shading...The wind, my gypsy, aladdin, mermaid, and my compass.

I would really love just to have a sleeve I can be proud of and love

If you have any ideas of what would be a goood idea to cover these PLEASE speak up
Attached Thumbnails
Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0637.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0638.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0640.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0681.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0675.jpg  

Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0674.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0673.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0672.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0670.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0661.jpg  

Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0668.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0644.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0648.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0653.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0654.jpg  

Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0655.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0657.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0659.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0660.jpg   Horribe Sleeve. Need cover up advice-img_0680.jpg  

hybekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Why would you keep going back to such a poor .... artist?
Most of it looks fairly pale and faded so shouldnt take too many hits with the laser to break it up but i think thats the route you'll have to go down. Who's the artist you've chosen to fix it?
InkedJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedJames View Post
Why would you keep going back to such a poor .... artist?
Most of it looks fairly pale and faded so shouldnt take too many hits with the laser to break it up but i think thats the route you'll have to go down. Who's the artist you've chosen to fix it?
As above why did you keep going back?

Laser it all and get something top notch.

Link the new artists work.

Check my signature link below:-)
Old 20-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

You are gonna have a long painful road if laser ahead of you of you want something top notch
Darchi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

It's not bad, it really isn't, but it's not good either. The problem is a classic problem of mediocre tattoos: trying to fittoo much meaning and symbolism into one area. Simplify your Iidea, research a good artist (s) in your area, and tell your idea to the artist and have them come up with something.

EDIT: after u laser it, of course

Last edited by ThrobbingSausage; 20-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

The aladdin and jasmine bit is fine. The div script and other bits not so fine. Its black and grey it will laser off in no time, dont cry over it any mote and focus that energy on fixing it.
Old 20-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
Chatter Box

Definitely laser it all - then worry about what the artist can do. Especially since you dont want any colour - just polishing up what you already have will not make you happy, guaranteed, laser it properly and start again with someone really good, you will love your arm! Plus, I personally would recommend you try and leave all the deep meanings out of it next time, as they clearly compromise the actual quality of the tattoo.
bushidobanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
Chat Virgin

the thing is getting laser wouldnt help me beacuse ive went already and they told me im so white that it would just burn my skin
hybekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybekj View Post
the thing is getting laser wouldnt help me beacuse ive went already and they told me im so white that it would just burn my skin
Thats complete nonsense. Laser is only potentially harmful to very dark skin
Old 20-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
Chatter Box

Total total total balls about the laser being harmful to your skin because you are pale - Idontlikemyusername is absolutely correct - it is only potentially harmful on very dark skin, and even then not all the time, it just might mess with their pigment...

You should avoid ANY studio which would give you such bad information, do not get tattooed there, do not get lasered there, do not ever return to people who dont know what the hell they are talking about.

Last edited by bushidobanzai; 20-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.
bushidobanzai is offline   Reply With Quote