Old 26-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Torn over back piece

So I went to see Claudia de Sabe about getting a tattoo on my lower back, and she convinced me to go for a full back piece for my female samurai.

I am actually super excited about this. She will do something incredible, but it will be the first tattoo that I have that could be on display in some of my everyday outfits, so I am also a bit freaked out by the thought of the comments I might get from random strangers.

I am obviously just going to man up and do whatever the hell I want with my own back, but just wondered how everyone else dealt with the extra attention visible tattoos brought them the first times it happened?
Luckyoldginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyoldginger View Post
So I went to see Claudia de Sabe about getting a tattoo on my lower back, and she convinced me to go for a full back piece for my female samurai.

I am actually super excited about this. She will do something incredible, but it will be the first tattoo that I have that could be on display in some of my everyday outfits, so I am also a bit freaked out by the thought of the comments I might get from random strangers.

I am obviously just going to man up and do whatever the hell I want with my own back, but just wondered how everyone else dealt with the extra attention visible tattoos brought them the first times it happened?
I revelled in it.
Old 26-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

In the most the reaction I've had has been positive ... I get asked, how much it cost , did it hurt 😳 ...
Darchi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Need To Get Out More!

Mine are only partially visable but no ones ever made any comments about them.
keithski122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontlikemyusername View Post
I revelled in it.
That is the approach I am going to take!

Thanks guys.
Old 27-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Chat Slut

I said for years i wouldn't go below the elbow.

Literally an hour after i'd finished my first lining session for my sleeve i was wishing i'd done it years ago.
I'm no attention whore, but i find having visible work quite empowering. Reactions are almost always positive.

Be prepared to have random strangers coming up to you and showing you their shit bits of tribal and little neck stars because they don't see the difference between good work and scratcher stuff.
That can be fun as well though.
Do it.....
leithswanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by leithswanny View Post
I said for years i wouldn't go below the elbow.

Literally an hour after i'd finished my first lining session for my sleeve i was wishing i'd done it years ago.
I'm no attention whore, but i find having visible work quite empowering. Reactions are almost always positive.

Be prepared to have random strangers coming up to you and showing you their shit bits of tribal and little neck stars because they don't see the difference between good work and scratcher stuff.
That can be fun as well though.
Do it.....
I think I will also find it empowering. Sometimes I feel a wee bit of a fraud looking at all the amazing tattoos people here wear with pride, whereas mine are all hidden away, a bit like I'm afraid to show the world who I am. Sorry if that's over sharing!

Anyway, thanks. I am definitely going to do it!
Old 29-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
Chatter Box

i think it's mostly in our head that people are very concerned about our tattoos. then again i'm from big, diverse cities. if they do have a negative view then it's unlikely that they'll vocalize it to you. in the end, who cares.
iloveguacam0le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

i said for ages that i wouldn't really want something that is on display but since i've had my leg done im wearing shorts as much as possible so i can show it off

so next up is my lower arm so i've got something i can show off all the time but still hide it for work if i need to
sloseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
mog
Jedi Chat Master

I actually can't think of a single bad reaction I've had, but my tattoos have been a conversation starter in lots of random places- It feels nice to have your work complimented by people.
I do sometimes get a little extra unwanted attention from blokes , things like 'sexy tattoos love' shouted across the street from idiots- I think a woman with a lot of tattoos can be seen as a bit of a 'goer' by certain types unfortunately.