Old 28-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Need To Get Out More!

Default Star Wars Tattoo Idea...

So, I am booking in with the lovely Amy Kinsell during the Cardiff Tattoo and Toy Con in July.

She does some very bright and girly work, and I am really buzzing to have booked in with her finally!
However... is this a terrible idea...or hilariously witty? or neither ...

I am a Star Wars lover, like many, and I have asked her to tattoo a Storm Trooper helmet with Deer antlers breaking through the top, with the script "Hart of the Storm". Probably with some delicate flowers etc... to fill it out and make it "me".

When I thought this up, I thought I was rather brilliant (modest). I giggled a lot as I do love a bad/good pun...but is this too bad a pun to work as a "cool" tattoo?

Will it not be as funny as I think it is, and just wind up with people not getting it?
If you saw this tattoo on someone would it bring a smile to your face or just seem odd?
Amy hasn't seen Star Wars (Shock!) and she didn't understand the pun, so I am concerned now that anyone else will!
I will probably get it anyway regardless what people think as it makes me laugh! Just curious what you all think?

Here are some samples of her work, to help you picture it...

http://www.ladygabe.co.uk

Last edited by LadyGabe; 28-02-2014 at 02:07 PM.
LadyGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
Chatter Box

I wouldn't worry about what other people think, it's your tattoo, as long as you 'get it' that's all that matters, I'm also sure, more than a few folks will find it funny.

Sounds like a good idea to me anyways, anything starwars is a good idea.

Facebook
davidnrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Chat Slut

Sounds pretty cool imo, who cares if people don't get the pun ? As long as you like your tattoo, and no doubt it will be well executed, rest is irrelevant.
JonNimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

As long as you get it thats all that matters sounds a great idea to me..... It'll look great with the choice of artist
Old 28-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

i wouldn't worry so much about if people get it or not but rather how annoyed your going to get having to explain it to everyone

however i think it's brilliant
sloseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

I am not normally a fan of script as usually they are being dead serious with a cheesy quote but this is fun and you know its fun. I quite like it

I like fun tattoos and probably more because I do not have the balls to get one myself lol
Old 28-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
Need To Get Out More!

Thanks all for your comments! I love the idea! As soon as I giggled I knew I had to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
I am not normally a fan of script as usually they are being dead serious with a cheesy quote but this is fun and you know its fun. I quite like it

I like fun tattoos and probably more because I do not have the balls to get one myself lol
I know what you mean, there was a time I wouldn't have imagined it, I was really into beautiful realism! And thought having a fun tattoo would be short lived and I would get bored of it.

I got a Scorpion piece done last year, which is also quite fun, and it's multiple meanings tell a story, that still makes me smile plus it is really beautifully done by Miss Jo Black!
It is inspired by Fight Club, the Scoprion I named "Marla Stinger" and I have the quote "Predator posing as a house pet" on it.
It was very different, but now I feel I have broken my "fun tattoo" virginity, and I do love things that make me smile! Smilings my favourite.

http://www.ladygabe.co.uk
LadyGabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabe View Post
Smilings my favourite.
Judging by your avatar you seem very good at it!
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote