Old 12-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
We Are Not Worthy

Default Hands and knuckles

I've seen a few of these posts before but was intrested in people's opinions . I'd love to get my hands and knuckles done but wouldn't want to limit potential career opportunities in the future . What annoys me even more is there are people in higher positions than myself at my workplace that have shitty Cheryl cole style hand tattoos . And I know if I was to get my hands done with an actually nice piece of work it would be seen as more offensive than said shitty fashion type designs . Has anyone here with there hands tattooed ever suffered and prejudice regarding work ? I understand the argument if they judge me by my tattoos then i don't want to work for them anyway but the reality is the prejudice can be there . Be intrested to hear others opinions ?
LukeBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Id love my hands done but cant because of the moronic clients i deal with! I will do my hands one day though
Old 12-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
We Are Not Worthy

That's the thing isn't it . I have plenty of space left but love the placement of a hand piece . However nothing can come before earning a living at the end of the day ...
Old 12-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Kind of off topic but I feel hand and neck tattoos should be earned, like after you have a majority of your body covered. My 2 cents...

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #5
We Are Not Worthy

I do agree with that aswel , but for example if you had a one off opportunity to get a small piece from an artist you'd wanted for years and wouldn't get the chance again hands are ideal . But it too annoys me when you see people with just hands and throat . Purely for the purpose of looking heavily tattooed in a jumper or whatever .
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah if have mapped out your body then I have no problems with it. It's the stupid Warped Tour body suits that piss me off! (Neck, hands, face tattooed while rest of the body is bare)

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
Id love my hands done but cant because of the moronic clients i deal with! I will do my hands one day though
If you were getting your hands inked up in the near future, who would you go with? I am feeling Andres Acostas work for possibly a hand piece. Though, I am saving my hands in the meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
Yeah if have mapped out your body then I have no problems with it. It's the stupid Warped Tour body suits that piss me off! (Neck, hands, face tattooed while rest of the body is bare)
That kind of irritates me as well. I am trying to save my homie from getting further into his Warped suit
Old 13-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
Kind of off topic but I feel hand and neck tattoos should be earned, like after you have a majority of your body covered. My 2 cents...
Why though? Why does anything have to be earned? I'd put that in the same bracket as saying tattoos have to have meanings. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm in the process of trying to start my own business and if it is successful over the first year my treat to myself will be both of my hands done as I no longer will have to work in the corporate world.

Apprentice emoji designer.

Last edited by DogBoots; 13-08-2014 at 09:31 AM.
DogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Would love to. My current employer would have no problems with me having my hands, knuckles or neck tattooed. I don't plan on working here for the rest of my life though. I guess if I carried on in the same industry (high end fashion) it wouldn't be so much of a problem.
Old 13-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Im saving my hands for my retirement present, lifes complicated enough at the moment without adding something else
easy is offline   Reply With Quote