Old 28-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #51
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken Drum View Post
Just my 2 pence worth. 😊
didnt want to quote the whole piece, but wanted to reply

i think the big problem is, that genuine proper artists in the industry and appalled at how bad this program is making the industry look

and nearly all genuine artists, wouldn't be seen dead on a reality style tv show, so these sort of programs will continue to educate the average person with average artists and tattoos
kingtreelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #52
Jedi Chat Master

Cammy Stewart seemed to be the only decent one but think he was roped into participating because of his 'freak factor' - the coverage on his head and face and the dotwork/blackwork stuff he does.
Old 30-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #53
Chat Virgin

Hi. I'm not a tattoo person at all, but I am a fan of this show, so I registered to add my two pennorth.

Does it seem to anybody else that a lot of the "disaster" tattoos are all quite similar? When they have writing, it always seems to be the same handwriting. I was wondering if anyone else thinks there's a certain amount of faking going on, in that people (in and amongst other genuine tattoos) are having small line-drawing tattoos just for the sake of the programme. I'm not saying they're completely fake, but that sometimes maybe someone is actually "re-enacting" a disastrous tattoo which they had before, just for the sake of the programme. What does anybody else think?
Clive Silas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #54
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Silas View Post
Hi. I'm not a tattoo person at all, but I am a fan of this show, so I registered to add my two pennorth.

Does it seem to anybody else that a lot of the "disaster" tattoos are all quite similar? When they have writing, it always seems to be the same handwriting. I was wondering if anyone else thinks there's a certain amount of faking going on, in that people (in and amongst other genuine tattoos) are having small line-drawing tattoos just for the sake of the programme. I'm not saying they're completely fake, but that sometimes maybe someone is actually "re-enacting" a disastrous tattoo which they had before, just for the sake of the programme. What does anybody else think?
No. People are just stupid.
MikeTrix1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #55
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Silas View Post

I think those are just often the tattoos that people regret AND they're easy cover-ups for Sketch.to cover with other peoples work so they choose those applicants.
Noxsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #56
Mumbler

I watched an episode a few months back just to see what the hype was about ... laughed all the way through obviously.

Then the other evening i looked at both of the two male tattoo artists Instagram and couldn't believe my eyes! How can these two people be 'Some of uks best tattoo artists' i don't even know.

Anyway shameless plug - I made a video about the whole tv show and why its full of b.s and I compare some of the tattoos the artists have uploaded on to instagram with actual good tattoo artists from the UK!

Click here for the video
treacletatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #57
Need To Get Out More!

Watched 1 episode when it first aired.... Tried to scratch my eyes out after!
Sp33dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #58
Chat Virgin

Hi I am new around here

I have always had a bit of interest in tattoos but not really given it much thought until now. (I am 36)
I started watching tattoo fixers and then researching on the net and found my way here and it opened my eyes to the amazing artists out there.
I know it's made up tv and the tattoos aren't the best (I did like some of Jays) but it has introduced me to tattoos and I hope to get started on a half sleeve next time I am in the uk. I really like Dean Taylor and Glen Preece work.
Would like a WW2 theme I can build on but waiting lists might put it off this trip.
If nothing else it gets people interested which must be good.
Richfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #59
Jedi Chat Master

Welcome to the fold. We we will save you from reality tv artists. Take a look at the bra art list app on android and iOS.

http://mytellings.blogspot.co.uk/
dougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #60
Chat Slut

I think people who knock the show are missing the point; compare and contrast with Bodyshockers (Tattoos evil! Fetch the laser!!). Regardless of how good or bad the results are, the program is promoting the industry to the uninformed, not throwing mud at it.

You can't complain that the artists are second rate while stating that 'quality' artists wouldn't be seen dead on reality TV while also saying that TV tattoo shows paint a negative picture.

OK, it's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction - a faltering first step maybe, but at least it's heading in the right direction.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote