Old 02-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tattoos covering scar help

Hello Everyone!

I'm just recently created account little about myself, names Kevin and when I was younger I cut my self(as seen in the pictures on my outer forearm and outer bicep). Now that i have gotten older and am moving up in my job(where tattoos are accepted) I want to cover my scars and be able to wear short sleeves as opposed to 100% of the time have my biceps covered. I currently have a couple tribal tattoos on my other arm and wish to get more tribal tattoos to cover the scars problem is the scars are in horizontal lines and I have been unable to think of tattoo ideas to cover them!

With all that said has anyone ever had scars covered up by tattoos? Have you run into any problems, ink running, uneven skin etc?
Attached Thumbnails
Tattoos covering scar help-forearm.jpeg   Tattoos covering scar help-bicep.jpeg  
tcbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Hi, I've had stretch marks covered with tattoos, and I'm guessing the texture might be the same as a scar? They covered really well and cannot be seen, but they have been covered with design (my cat) that has many colours in. I think colours and patterns in a design can hide things really well. I'm not sure if your scars will still be seen somewhat if it were solid black, as the bumps would still be visible I think, iykwim.
Attached Thumbnails
Tattoos covering scar help-image.jpg  
Old 03-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #3
We Are Not Worthy

Are the scars hypertrophic/keloid?
SaveTheGreyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:36 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

RANDOM INTERNET IMAGE
With this red being almost solid, the scars still show.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

RANDOM INTERNET IMAGE
This covers really well as lots of distraction and break up points in the design.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2016, 01:20 AM   #6
Chat Virgin

SaveTheGreyhounds all of the scars are white and the majority are flat except for a few exceptions that are raised a little. Agreed, colors and patterns do seem the best at covering the scars from most of the images I have been able to find online. Both the random images from the internet seem to cover the scars well, the second does a much better job at it though.
tcbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:32 AM   #7
We Are Not Worthy

Bets thing to do is find an excellent and experienced artist, show them your scars and they should be able to give the best advice and options If your flexible with what you want I don't see why you can't have them mostly covered.
SaveTheGreyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Chat Virgin

From personal experience, any good artist will absolutely be able to cover those kind of scars, although I was advised that dense coverage, colour, and bold lines gave the best camoflauge. Fresh photos are somewhat misleading because due to the tattooing process the scars become raised and very visible, but once it heals they can't be seen.
ThatElliottGirl is offline   Reply With Quote