Old 24-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Question brexit and tattoos

Do you think that brexit will have a negative impact on the UK or European tattoo industry? I can imagine the new need for visas etc will reduce the amount of UK artists guesting and attending conventions in the EU and vice versa.

Although on the other hand if you have stuff booked in the UK now is an ideal time to get the out because of the drop in value, shave an extra few pennies off the price of the session lol. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
TeddyDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I'm not so sure it will have a huge impact.

If we have a similar type of agreement that Switzerland have with the EU it still allows freedom of movement.

The uncertainty and the fluctuation on the has meant my tattoo next week will be more expensive as I have to pay in $$ 😁
Karka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Mumbler

Give it a few months and the pound will go back up and i highly doubt they impose the need for visas as uk tourism can literally save holiday town so their not going to want to make it hard for us to get over and spend money. Yet we can't be sure but would be highly illogical for them to make it harder and more expensive for us to travel to holiday deatinations.
Witcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
Chat Slut

Tattoos are now the least of your worries.

We've been fucked over well and truly.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Tattoos are now the least of your worries.

We've been fucked over well and truly.
I'd ideally like to just see what peoples opinions are on how it will affect this particular hobby/industry.
Old 26-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #6
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witcher View Post
Give it a few months and the pound will go back up and i highly doubt they impose the need for visas as uk tourism can literally save holiday town so their not going to want to make it hard for us to get over and spend money. Yet we can't be sure but would be highly illogical for them to make it harder and more expensive for us to travel to holiday deatinations.
I'm talking about working visas for artists, either uk ones who wish to guest/attend conventions in the EU or vice versa
Old 27-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

At this point we really dont know, the company is in a fucking shambles and nobody really knows what will happen. My HUGE concern is the reflection on this accross the world, the pound to other countries is a massive concern and as a company who deals in products bought in dollars and euros, we are already down by loads and this in turn has an effect on me (i.,e the staff) so it will impact my tattoo purchasing at the moment, who knows what will happen going forward.

Personally i am fucking disgusted by the out vote and can only see huge pains whilst trying to work my arse off to get back to where we were. I can only imagine the effect on artists attending conferences in the future if we start seeing visas coming into place all over the shop for travel, plus the state of products that we will have to pay more for with their import into the UK, such as inks etc etc.
Old 27-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
Rambler

Well.. technically, we havent left, and chances are, we wont leave the EU for at least 2 years or so (Dont quote me on that :P)

So euro artists wont need any kind of visa for the time being... however with Sterling dropping, you can expect their convention/guest rates to go higher

Also.. as it stands - my tattoo in Canada next month is likely to cost an addition 1K GBP - Super sad about that
airwick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Several key Leave campaigners have since suggested that the UK may need to accept freedom of movement in order to have access to EU's single market (i.e lying in their campaign). This may allay travelling expenses etc but whether they feel welcome is another thing (Den Yakovlev aside )
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
Chat Slut

EU opinions/arguments aside I very much doubt it's going to make any noticeable difference on the European/UK tattoo industry.

Whether we agree freedom of movement or not it will make very little difference to guest artists / conventions. The only thing it will change is the cost, until the pound strengthens we'll all be paying more for tattoo's from foreign artists, at the moment by about 10%. Meh, not the end of the world.
jackf91 is offline   Reply With Quote