Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Rambler

Default How to even book more popular artists?

Hey guys

Im trying to get my left sleeve booked in having had right and chest done.

Im looking at some of the bigger name artists, matthew james, jak connolly etc. However I cant get a response from them, i dont mind waiting any amount of time and giving minimal creative input, but literally cant even get a conversation to begin the process.

Im really looking for black and grey artists who can compose on a larger scale than individual portraits and it seems the skill of composition is what makes the top artists so much more popular and harder to book which makes things tricky for my requirements!

How do you guys handle getting bookings? It seems despite the willingness to wait and hand over creative control, i cant get anything sorted!

Cheers for any assistance, for my existing work it was just a case of emailing then waiting 4+ months for an appointment!
infernouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Persistence is key!
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominiccjs View Post
Persistence is key!
ah really? i didnt want to irritate / ive tried 3 times over the past year with no luck
infernouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I pester them at conventions! I asked Matthew James around three times in person before he said yes!
Old 28-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
Rambler

Follow their Instagram page and watch for cancellations or openings for conventions and guest spots.
luckyashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

email every other day....put sth interesting in the header. if u live close stop in the shop stop by.

i have booked successfully many arrtists: dmitriy samohin, ad pancho, phil garcia, and many more.

just the other day i sent an email asking a question to samohins wife anna it went ignored i sent the same email the day after and got a reply.

persistence pays off...just after u book the appoinment stop emailing. unless its a super important question.
Old 29-05-2017, 02:34 AM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

For me, I think if it's possible, talking to them in person works the best. And then once you have collected from a few big names, emailing with name dropping works wonders

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:06 AM   #8
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
Hey guys

Im trying to get my left sleeve booked in having had right and chest done.

Im looking at some of the bigger name artists, matthew james, jak connolly etc. However I cant get a response from them, i dont mind waiting any amount of time and giving minimal creative input, but literally cant even get a conversation to begin the process.

Im really looking for black and grey artists who can compose on a larger scale than individual portraits and it seems the skill of composition is what makes the top artists so much more popular and harder to book which makes things tricky for my requirements!

How do you guys handle getting bookings? It seems despite the willingness to wait and hand over creative control, i cant get anything sorted!

Cheers for any assistance, for my existing work it was just a case of emailing then waiting 4+ months for an appointment!
texting Jak is more likely to get a reply than email imo. message me if you want his number
cd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

Try to talk with them in person, it can be difficult but you can get a better result.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:46 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
For me, I think if it's possible, talking to them in person works the best. And then once you have collected from a few big names, emailing with name dropping works wonders
Quote:
Originally Posted by larasolorzano16 View Post
Try to talk with them in person, it can be difficult but you can get a better result.

IG: @m_karka
Karka is offline   Reply With Quote