Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default First tattoo - by Josh Duffy

New member here! Well, after booking and waiting for a few months, I finally got my first tattoo. This was done by Josh Duffy at Black Castle Art Co. in Peoria, AZ. The entire shop staff, and especially Josh; are all class acts. Josh is incredibly talented and was able to make my somewhat common idea, unique and one of a kind; with his own style. His line work is impeccable, and his attention to detail is pretty much second to none as far as I'm concerned (although I'm a little biased, lol). Overall the experience was fantastic, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a high quality black and grey piece.

Eventually (more than likely only a couple months), I will have Josh add in a pocket watch to the other side of my forearm and then tie it all together with more of the map in the background. Total time took about eight and a half hours, excluding a few breaks throughout the process.

Once the piece heals completely, it should lighten up a bit and then the whole piece should have a little more depth and dimension to it, but it already looks insane in my opinion. Healed pictures to follow, as this photo was taken only about 12 hours after being completed. Cheers!

Kind of a cool thing that I'm not sure Josh even realised, is that the old world map we used has the French translation of what is known as the English Channel, La Manche, at the bottom. Well La Manche, directly translates to "The sleeve" which is fitting considering this piece will end up being a full sleeve before I'm done. Kind of a cool coincidence imo. Thanks for looking!

Nudarkshadowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Cool tattoo! I saw this on his instagram story the other day. I agree with everything you said about Josh and his shop. Traveling down there has always been a great experience. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Good twist on the theme, a Duffy sleeve is a hell of a first tattoo!
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudarkshadowl View Post
New member here! Well, after booking and waiting for a few months, I finally got my first tattoo. This was done by Josh Duffy at Black Castle Art Co. in Peoria, AZ. The entire shop staff, and especially Josh; are all class acts. Josh is incredibly talented and was able to make my somewhat common idea, unique and one of a kind; with his own style. His line work is impeccable, and his attention to detail is pretty much second to none as far as I'm concerned (although I'm a little biased, lol). Overall the experience was fantastic, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a high quality black and grey piece.

Eventually (more than likely only a couple months), I will have Josh add in a pocket watch to the other side of my forearm and then tie it all together with more of the map in the background. Total time took about eight and a half hours, excluding a few breaks throughout the process.

Once the piece heals completely, it should lighten up a bit and then the whole piece should have a little more depth and dimension to it, but it already looks insane in my opinion. Healed pictures to follow, as this photo was taken only about 12 hours after being completed. Cheers!

Kind of a cool thing that I'm not sure Josh even realised, is that the old world map we used has the French translation of what is known as the English Channel, La Manche, at the bottom. Well La Manche, directly translates to "The sleeve" which is fitting considering this piece will end up being a full sleeve before I'm done. Kind of a cool coincidence imo. Thanks for looking!

Awesome start I'm sure that will be one badass sleeve 👍
containerman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Wow, what a great start ))
Old 24-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
Chat Virgin

Great artist choice for your first tattoo. Really great start !
jade98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 01:07 AM   #7
Rambler

Yes! Can't wait to see more.
Call_me_Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 02:53 AM   #8
Chat Slut

How much was that session?
portraitofcurcelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:06 AM   #9
Chat Virgin

Thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated. As for the pricing question, I paid his full day rate, plus a tip. I'm not sure what proper etiquite is for divulging artists hourly rates, but I can tell you that it wasn't cheap, and his hour minimum and rate can be found on this site already. I'm not trying to be a douche, but if you really want to know what I paid, then please PM me.
Nudarkshadowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 04:12 AM   #10
Chat Slut

I'm pretty sure Duffy is something like $400 an hour
SDTattoo is offline   Reply With Quote