Old 15-12-2017, 03:35 AM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

It’s a business so they’re bound by the Consumer Rights Act in the U.K. Just because they’re arguably more rocking than the travel agent next door, it doesn’t make a difference.

£80 is a lot of money to just swallow, especially this time of year. I think the OP can certainly claim they are being treated unfairly and stake a claim. I also reckon the mention of a claim, or certainly the wheels being set in motion might see the deposit returned. They won’t want the hassle. But let’s respectfully agree to disagree. OP can contact the Citizens Advice and see what they think.
Old 15-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

This might be a UK vs US thing. I'm in the US and if I cancelled an appointment I'd expect to lose my deposit.

This has actually happened to me once and I didn't even ask for the deposit back, I just knew it was gone when I cancelled. And I know that the artist didn't put any time into designing my tattoo because we were going to do that the day of the tattoo. I just figured my deposit would offset the hassle of the artist having to fill that spot again.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 04:37 AM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah it could be that. I’ve cancelled two appointments. One with Triple Six in Sunderland the other at The Circle in London. Both offered to refund my deposit but I chose to use it and book at a later date. I think it depends on the studio and the circumstance. Looking back at some old emails it sounds like No Regrets in Cheltenham would refund but a couple of other artists do say non-refundable. I just wonder if that would hold up legally if you were bothered to actually challenge it.
Old 15-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

I fully admit that I know nothing of UK law so idk honestly . I just think it's plain rude

However In the US , under about no circumstance should the person who did not void the contract whether it be written, verbal or implied would be at any fault or liable to any compensatory discretion . With reasonable accommodation or substitution .

Here reasonable options were given to rectify the contract and they were refuted by an unwillingness to accept reasonable substitution or reasonable rescheduling (accommodation)

it's jsut plain rude and a shame on the person (OP or other persons) for voiding the contract and then demanding (using this term loosly)the second party to return their beneficiaries even after the 2nd parties attempts at reasonable reconciliation for the 1st party voiding the contract at no fault of the 2nd party

Which is why we have laws protecting both parties of a contract. Which I assume UK does too . And seems so based off what you quoted

∅ Pittsburgh

Art××Tattoo××Paint

Last edited by checkonetwo; 15-12-2017 at 08:30 AM.
checkonetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 10:03 AM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

I think laws are different in the US. You have things like firearms and chlorine-washed chicken which we’re not allowed
Old 15-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #16
Chat Virgin

Hey guys!

Cheers for all the input, it's good to have two points of view on this. I have been in touch with the shop and have said that I would still love to get tattooed by the artist and if they would mind putting me on the cancellation list. I asked if I could change my design to be done in a shorter space of time so that there might be opportunities for me to get in there! I am more than happy to get something different for my money than just let it go.

Best wishes for the holidays to you both
door003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
I think laws are different in the US. You have things like firearms and chlorine-washed chicken which we’re not allowed

Tbf they're not allowed Kinder eggs. Swings and roundabouts.
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote