Old 27-12-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Josh Duffy appointment in April!

What's up everyone, I found this forum as i was looking to get my very first tattoo done . At 18 years old of course I ended up ignoring all advice and getting a mediocre half sleeve, however I just got a confirmed appointment with Josh Duffy and I am super excited. Now I have some questions for you guys, first if anyone can kind of let me know what to expect from the appointment in general? The assistant didn't seem too concerned with my idea so do I just tell him and he figures it out the day of normally? I'm planing on doing a full day session as I can only make it to Arizona every now and then, so what can I expect from that? Any advice for a full day session would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

Also, what I'm wanting to get is a full wrap around forearm sleeve with a dark based piano theme on the inside and then basically whatever josh wants on the outside, preferably dark/evil .
Hypnotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Just show up with ideas and some reference photos. Be open to the idea that he may look at your photos but then want to find some of his own. He'll design your tattoo that day. It'll probably take him a couple of hours.

If you want your full forearm done, wrapping all the way around, that's probably going to take at least two days. If you have to stick to a single day piece, you're looking at just the inside, or just the outside of your forearm. Unless you have really small thin arms.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Just show up with ideas and some reference photos. Be open to the idea that he may look at your photos but then want to find some of his own. He'll design your tattoo that day. It'll probably take him a couple of hours.

If you want your full forearm done, wrapping all the way around, that's probably going to take at least two days. If you have to stick to a single day piece, you're looking at just the inside, or just the outside of your forearm. Unless you have really small thin arms.
Thanks for the response , I actually have a loose idea of what I want and I definitely want him to have his way with it. Only references I have are from his previous tattoos. I'm okay with two days they will have to be spread out probably though since he doesn't have many days open, thanks for the help man I love your work by josh by the way! It's actually one of the pieces that confirmed my decision on him !
Old 27-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
Thanks for the response , I actually have a loose idea of what I want and I definitely want him to have his way with it. Only references I have are from his previous tattoos. I'm okay with two days they will have to be spread out probably though since he doesn't have many days open, thanks for the help man I love your work by josh by the way! It's actually one of the pieces that confirmed my decision on him !
Awesome, thanks!

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Our fine friend DG have you sound advice. Josh is fast but certainly won't be able to finish a whole forearm in a day. He puts so much vare into his work.

And having his previous tattoos as reference are fine , that's essentially what I did. When you go to an artist of Josh's caliber it's best to give him a few base ideas on what you want and let him do the magic. As he said he will design the tattoo on the day of.

He's a super chill guy and you will feel super comfortable. Everything can be discussed when you get there his assistants job is really to suffer thru the ungodly amount of requests and to fit projects that josh would do into his unbelievable schedule.

You go to Duffy for a Duffy tattoo and you tell him dark themes piano and whatever else he wants to do and you will 100% walk away with a killer piece. Trust the process. You probably won't hear another peep from them. Just show up. Be prepared with sleep,drink and food and music or w.e else suits you and josh will do the rest.

Good luck any other questions just ask . Congrats

∅ Pittsburgh

Art××Tattoo××Paint
checkonetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #6
Chat Virgin

That sounds like hes very professional! thanks! im much more at ease now that I know what to expect! ill post some pictures when its done!
Old 29-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkonetwo View Post
Our fine friend DG have you sound advice. Josh is fast but certainly won't be able to finish a whole forearm in a day. He puts so much vare into his work.

And having his previous tattoos as reference are fine , that's essentially what I did. When you go to an artist of Josh's caliber it's best to give him a few base ideas on what you want and let him do the magic. As he said he will design the tattoo on the day of.

He's a super chill guy and you will feel super comfortable. Everything can be discussed when you get there his assistants job is really to suffer thru the ungodly amount of requests and to fit projects that josh would do into his unbelievable schedule.

You go to Duffy for a Duffy tattoo and you tell him dark themes piano and whatever else he wants to do and you will 100% walk away with a killer piece. Trust the process. You probably won't hear another peep from them. Just show up. Be prepared with sleep,drink and food and music or w.e else suits you and josh will do the rest.

Good luck any other questions just ask . Congrats

Is that a Sam Hinkie reference? Trust the process...
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote