Old 28-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #31
Jedi Chat Master

Two days with Benjamin Laukis. Was pretty tough but heís a very nice man. Went for a forest landscape with a painterly vibe.

That star will be lasered eventually (LOL) so may need some repair work in the top left at some point to tidy it up or extend the trees.

Old 28-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #32
Jedi Chat Master

Yes dude, fucking awesome 👏🏻
Old 28-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #33
Jedi Chat Master

fuck
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #34
Jedi Chat Master

I'd also like to add that I don't mind the star there, kind of works for some reason . I think lasering that down to 75% faded would be a hard slog as it is so dense. It would ruin some of the new work and only leave you with a small gap filler space which would need to be quite bold to cover up the underlying star and would likely encroach on the Laukis piece. On the other hand I can relate with the want to have it removed if you have a vision for what could be there!

What did you have in mind for that space?
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #35
Jedi Chat Master

Thanks guys!

Oh dude that star has two layers of red and a couple of layers on black on the top of it. Itís a nightmare. I have/had two either side of my stomach. Iím getting my front panel done by Pete the Thief and heís covered one of the stars with a fox on my ribs and its tail dropping down over the star. On the other side thereís a rabbit (you can see its head in the photo above), and Benjaminís work is underneath.

Iíll have to get some decent shots at some point but the front panel is a work in progress. Iím in with Pete for four days in the summer so Iíll send him a photo of the new addition and see what he thinks.
Old 28-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #36
Chat Slut

Can you guys stop getting so much work, really giving me the itch over here lol.

For real though, that piece is great. I really like Benjamin's work and I think if you do laser off the star that you could just extend this new tattoo into the space pretty well, if you decide to go that route.

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 12:33 AM   #37
Rambler

Love the new work broski
Lifeztravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 05:49 AM   #38
Jedi Chat Master

Dayum! Thatís awesome!!!! Iím with Jayman, I donít hate the star, it kind of works!
Old 29-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #39
Chat Slut

Looks nice 👍 I like your plan of lasering it since I donít see how you can cover it with the greens you have there. Do you have a photo of the covered star on the other side ?
FreshWaterOtters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #40
Jedi Chat Master

I don't know about the lasering anymore. Now that a few people like the star it’s probably my favourite tattoo. I got it in 2004. Those were the days...��

Just for you Otter, here’s a potato-cam shot of the other star. It’s (mostly) covered by a fox’s tail. Tattoo is in progress by Pete the Thief, from the sculpture work of Beth Cavener.

https://www.instagram.com/bethcavener

Also, yes that is a puppy pad strapped to my other side. Maybe I should add this new groundbreaking method to the definitive healing thread...