Old 13-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #71
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominiccjs View Post
take the 1k from the consult, buy a ticket to odessa and get 2 days worth of work from dmitriy.
This is great advice. if you are going to spend a grand and not get tattooed, spend it on travel expenses just to to walk in on Samohin and let him know you came all the way there just to ask for an appointment. I bet that gets you in. Plus that's a cool story. Money well spent.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood

Last edited by DGreenwood; 13-04-2018 at 03:55 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #72
Chat Virgin

Completely agree, my question was to understand why this strange billing change.
It's obvious that if Sam had charged me the "Photoshop consultation" I would have fled, it's crazy... I never read that before.

Good advice about Dmitriy, I see him next week to continue my "Alien saga" sleeve, best tattoo experience ever... and he don't take deposit... means a lot about his humble personality

Ok I'll post a better picture of Sam's work soon !

Cheers everyone
Peporc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #73
Rambler

Holy shit that leg piece is unbelievable, looks like it healed great. The reply I got from her was for her studio. I had also emailed about the convention but didn't hear back, there must be a huge backlog of emails so probably got lost in the void.

That might be a better option though if she doesn't charge for the prep when she does conventions I might try her again next time she posts about a convention. Was it still 1000 a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peporc View Post
Hey, it's really weird, you wrote her to get tattooed in Manchester or in convention?
Sam tattooed me last November (2 days), Feb 2018 (2 days) and in March in Paris tattoo convention (1 day) I never paid charges for a consultation, and I don't think my Instagram "tattoorealistic" helped me in the request, really.

Her work healed on my leg is fine, judge by yourself (+2 months)
Sorry for the bad quality, I'm hairy and took the pic with my phone :/
lemmy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #74
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
Where’s the fucking TAP guy when you need him?
That had me in stitches! well played sir
Old 13-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #75
Rambler

Quote:
take the 1k from the consult, buy a ticket to odessa and get 2 days worth of work from dmitriy.
That is actually a great idea. I've been emailing him periodically for the last few years but never got a response :-( but he is top of my list for sure
Old 13-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #76
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peporc View Post
Completely agree, my question was to understand why this strange billing change.
It's obvious that if Sam had charged me the "Photoshop consultation" I would have fled, it's crazy... I never read that before.

Good advice about Dmitriy, I see him next week to continue my "Alien saga" sleeve, best tattoo experience ever... and he don't take deposit... means a lot about his humble personality

Ok I'll post a better picture of Sam's work soon !

Cheers everyone
No way, I'm so jealous. How did you manage to book in with him?
Old 13-04-2018, 06:41 PM   #77
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
What sort of piece are you looking to do? Maybe we can offer some good alternatives
I'm actually not really sure. I have been following her work for a long time and would happily wear 99% of her pieces. I wanted to get one of her horror pieces. I normally prefer black and grey but love her color tones and compositions. If you know any artists with anything in that vein I'd love to here it. Thanks for your help
Old 13-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #78
Chat Slut

She's posted like 5-6 pics in all of 2018 so either she spits out a lot of unworthy crap or people aren't falling for the consult fee. Why is there a consult fee if she does free reign? Makes no sense
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #79
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisser View Post
She's posted like 5-6 pics in all of 2018 so either she spits out a lot of unworthy crap or people aren't falling for the consult fee. Why is there a consult fee if she does free reign? Makes no sense
because she needs to do colour theory mate
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #80
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
because she needs to do colour theory mate
Maybe that colour theory includes some kind of patch test to determine which pigments suit certain skin types, and then she spends hours designing a project around colours that will just pop 🙄