Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Etiquette on getting work done by a different artist at the same shop

So I got my first piece done by an artist at a shop about 7 years ago. That piece came out great. About 5 years later I decided I wanted another piece, so without thinking I just pulled up to shop hoping to schedule something. My previous artist wasn't there but there was an artist there willing to do what I wanted as a walk-in, it was a fairly simple piece (i thought) so I went ahead. I was never happy with that piece. A couple of years later I wanted another piece and I went to another shop on a friend's recommendation, I had multiple sessions there and both times that tattoo looked fine initially but lost most of the ink during healing, I posted here about it and most people said it looked like it was due to bad application. I honestly just want to go back to my original artist to get new work and fix my other pieces because that piece he did STILL looks a million times better than the other two I got. I just don't know how to go about it, since one of the artists in that shop did another piece for me. Would that artist be offended that I don't want him to do the work? It sucks because even if I get my original artist to rework the piece I got from the last shop I went to, I'd still like the piece that I got from the other artist in his shop redone as well...
101surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

This is very confusing. I wouldn’t worry, they probably won’t even remember you. They see hundreds of clients and you’re not a regular visitor to the shop.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
This is very confusing. I wouldn’t worry, they probably won’t even remember you. They see hundreds of clients and you’re not a regular visitor to the shop.
Yeah, it is a bit confusing.

To shorten it up. I had two artists from the same shop do work on me over a few years. One was good one was bad. I also went to one other artist at another shop that did work I am not happy with. I'd like for the good artist I had from the first shop to fix the work i'm not happy with and do any future work I have. My concern is the fact that one of the bad pieces I have was done by an artist in his same shop and I don't want to upset anyone.

EDIT: Also, I'd imagine they probably remember somewhat as I've always gotten big pieces.

Last edited by 101surge; 07-06-2018 at 11:35 PM.
101surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Getting work done by two artists from the same shop won’t be a problem. Getting the rework probably would be. Some artists would never touch another's work out of respect, especially if they’re friends or local to each other. From the same shop is pretty local.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:15 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

You're getting work from the artists, not the shop.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Need To Get Out More!

My last tattoo I initially went to the shop and spoke to an artist about it but didn't book as books were closed.By the time he'd opened his books his day rate had gone up by £200. This was more than I could afford/justify so I enquired with another artist in the same shop if he would be happy doing it or would it piss off his mate, his reply was "nah he won't give a fuck" I got it doen by the second artist in the end and he gave no indication that he'd seen the picture I was using before and was totally cool about things on the day.
keithski122 is offline   Reply With Quote