Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2018, 04:55 AM   #11
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulpB View Post
Great piece, I actually don't think it is off by any degrees, as you say your left shoulder and clavicle is slighter higher than your right, and I think your tattoo is done to sit within that. If the tattoo was put square on then it would look thrown off given your shoulder difference.

Btw we all have wonkey bodies, it's mostly legs with one being longer than the other!
I definitely agree that its placed right, but when I first got it I was so anxious and over analyzed the fuck out of it. My point is more that eventually one comes to appreciate their tattoos. Tattoo artists aren't laser printers and the human body is far from symmetrical.

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #12
Chat Virgin

Thanks everyone - that is reassuring. I keep making it worse by ruminating on it and looking at photos of myself without it which I know is completely unhelpful but I canít stop myself!

I very much appreciate all your answers and it has made me feel much better that no one has responded saying itís shit. Iím sure I canít feel this way forever so Iím just hoping it will pass eventually.
catsandtatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandtatts View Post
Thanks everyone - that is reassuring. I keep making it worse by ruminating on it and looking at photos of myself without it which I know is completely unhelpful but I canít stop myself!

I very much appreciate all your answers and it has made me feel much better that no one has responded saying itís shit. Iím sure I canít feel this way forever so Iím just hoping it will pass eventually.
It takes time, trust me, but it will happen. Just do your best to keep the thought out of your head and focus on other things in your life. Eventually you'll forget all about it being an issue. It just takes a good amount of time with no actual negative effects for you to realize it's not as big a deal as you think it is.

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 PM   #14
Chat Virgin

Thank you, that’s really reassuring ❤️
catsandtatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
We Are Not Worthy

it looks good to me. I have a full chest/stomach piece and it looks out of line because it turns out my body is a bit of a odd shape lol I still love it though
jamiebell is offline   Reply With Quote