Old 07-09-2018, 12:38 AM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24k View Post
So am I back in times still using bapanthen and wrapping with cling film changing a few times a day with washes between?
No, Iíve healed most of mine that way and I think itís fine. Aftercare is one of those things where everyone will have different advice. Do what works for you.

Having said that, I had a couple of tattoos in the summer that I wrapped with cling film for a day or two. I then had another appointment with a different artist and they kindly put saniderm over them. I find it really convenient as I travel about a lot and healing with cling film is pretty horrible when itís hot.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #12
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
No, Iíve healed most of mine that way and I think itís fine. Aftercare is one of those things where everyone will have different advice. Do what works for you.

Having said that, I had a couple of tattoos in the summer that I wrapped with cling film for a day or two. I then had another appointment with a different artist and they kindly put saniderm over them. I find it really convenient as I travel about a lot and healing with cling film is pretty horrible when itís hot.
Yeah like you say itís what works for the individual and this method hasnít failed me yet, yeah cling film in the heat is horrible itís slippy and slimy lol
24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Man you guys wouldn't like healing your tattoos in Texas haha

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Man you guys wouldn't like healing your tattoos in Texas haha
Saniderm is permeable and breathable so wouldn't be too bad, no?

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 AM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

I've used Tegaderm in Texas and it wasn't bad.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #16
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
healing with cling film is pretty horrible when itís hot.
Was more responding to this, which is also very true. If I'm healing with cling film I gotta leave that body part out of the covers at night so I don't get heat rash lol

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #17
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Right, any of this, or a combination of the three.

One of the benefits of using saniderm is that it reduces the occurrences of scabs. I'm sure it doesn't eliminate the possibility completely but I haven't had a single scab when I use it.
I got a scab under saniderm on my latest tattoo....

Luckily it didn't pull the scab off when I took it off but I am still worried about how that area is going to heal up. Scab didn't fall off yet.
Philly224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #18
Chat Virgin

Well scab fell off and its looking pretty good now. What do you guys use on your tattoos after they are through the initial healing phase? I was thinking about picking up some bio oil to make sure it doesnt scar up at all under where the scab was. It doesnt look like its going to though...

Guess I am just looking for product to use on all my tattoos in general now that they are healed.
Philly224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #19
Chat Slut

Scabs have everything to do with ooze. If you wash it frequently it wonít happen. The amount of trauma, saturation, details only determines how frequently you have to wash it. It means you have to watch your tattoo and adjust depending on what you see. ďWash it twice a day and be doneĒ doesnít work for every tattoo you get.
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 12:11 AM   #20
Jedi Chat Master

Bio oil is good for laser. I use Aveeno moisturiser on tattoos. Natural, unscented stuff is best.