Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #11
Chat Slut

I don't think it is racist or misogynist in the slightest, as 1) racism would, in my opinion, have to be a deliberate attempt to offend and 2) it's an image of a strong woman to represent strength on a strong woman.

Is it offensive (although clearly not deliberately)? I don't know as I'm not a Native American. And to be totally blunt you are not likely to bump into too many Native Americans in Yorkshire, so I think the chances of it causing offence to anyone who sees it are slim to none. Perhaps if you hot-footed it to a reservation in Arizona and started flashing it around then some locals would take issue....

I'm with Sushi in that I can see both sides. I don't really buy the "classic tattoo image" argument as I think what you wouldn't blink an eye at in the 40s/50s has to be seen through modern eyes (think golliwogs, etc - not that I'm saying your tattoo is as offensive as that!).

It's a bit like the white guy from suburbia who has the Ganesha tattoo: I'm sure it's well intentioned but part of me just thinks it's a bit odd when he's obviously 0% Hindu.
TheRevJimJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #12
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevJimJones View Post
It's a bit like the white guy from suburbia who has the Ganesha tattoo: I'm sure it's well intentioned but part of me just thinks it's a bit odd when he's obviously 0% Hindu.
Yeah and I think the most important thing is how you carry yourself with that tattoo. For instance, if someone came up and was Native and asked you about it, maybe don't be the prick who is like "Yeah it just looked cool". Instead show them that you've had your thoughts behind it, you understand where they are coming from, and just in general be a good/caring individual. Goes a long way. As a general rule I don't care about the opinions of others who form them with hate/malice. If someone came up to me and genuinely asked about my tattoos and tried to educate me in a polite way? Completely different story.

I think IG just allows people to make these anonymous claims of self-righteousness that devolves into SJWing. I mean, hell, I want a LOT of Japanese tattoo imagery on me and I'm not Japanese in the slightest. Drawing lines in the sand never goes over well in tattooing.

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #13
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by big c View Post
I think she looks like Kat Slater from Eastenders
I just canít unsee that resemblance now
Mostincrediblyawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

As a person who is highly offensive, extremely racist and completely misogynistic, i can confirm your tattoo is non of these things and that the person who left this comment is a desperate attention seeker who cannot live with the idea that they are not the cause of all of the problems in the world.

The tattoo is amazing by the way. who did it?

Apprentice emoji designer.
DogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #15
Rambler

Thank you very much . It was done by artist david drohan from kingdom of ink in doncaster x
Missannie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missannie24 View Post
Thank you very much . It was done by artist david drohan from kingdom of ink in doncaster x
He's so good too. i have no idea how he has so few online followers.

Apprentice emoji designer.
DogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #17
Rambler

Me neither? He's fab!!
Old 27-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #18
Chat Slut

I am part Native American, and I think it's fine. It's just a tattoo.
oboogie is offline   Reply With Quote