Old 11-01-2019, 12:53 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Josh Duffy Session

Hey Guys,

Posted on here/been lurking for several years now and finally have been able to lock in an appointment with a top notch artist from my list....Josh Duffy!!

Never thought I would see the day, but completely lucked out when i saw he is doing a guest trip to a shop in Chicago. Locked in a whole day session with him which I know is a big topic on this forum on how much he and other artists charge for these rates. Gave it a lot of thought before I turned in my deposit and it came down to the basics...if it makes me happy, it doesn't matter what the cost is! I'm no rich man by any means, but it's hard to argue with the kind of work he puts out. Even all the healed photos I've seen look unbelievable. Can't wait to finally wear one myself! When instagram first became a thing, he was one of the first artists I found that got me addicted to the art of tattooing and how amazing tattoos can look. Couldn't pass this opportunity up!

Anyways, I've only gotten two other tattoos in my life and were both less then an hour. Needless to say, this is my first big tattoo. Getting the piece done under my bicep. Any recommendations for surviving a full day? I've sent in my references and didn't get much feedback about it. I assume the day of he'll put something together and start the ink?

Thanks
Barry McDikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:06 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

There's no secret to surviving a full day other than don't let it stress you out too much leading up to it. Just know that you'll deal with it just fine when the time comes. Eat a good breakfast and make sure you're hydrated. Have some snacks with you. Try to relax even when it hurts. That's about it.

Josh probably won't even look at your reference until the day of your tattoo. That's just how he does it. He'll talk to you and look at the reference and then spend a couple hours working up the design.

You have the right attitude about the cost, if it's worth it to you ignore what everyone else will say. He's one of the best artists in the world and you'll end up with a sick tattoo. Good luck.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Not sure where you mean when you say below the bicep but I've had a full day on my arm and it was absolutely fine. What you should consider is the rest of your body - make sure you're in comfy clothes as you'll be sat still in them all day. Tight jeans may not be a good idea for example.

Wear clothes that you can take off and on easily in layers - so a zip hoody is probably better than a pullover one because you can put it on one half of you if you get cold for example.

(although this last point isn't as important as the first one so don't over think it)

You'll be fine! Good luck and congrats on the appointment

Make sure you come back and show us!
Old 11-01-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Josh probably won't even look at your reference until the day of your tattoo. That's just how he does it. He'll talk to you and look at the reference and then spend a couple hours working up the design.
Were your references from Jurassic Park?
Old 11-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

If you want a sick dinosaur tattoo there is a guy called Jeff Goldblum that works out of Pittsburgh. Some of his work is kind of experimental though. I think it looks pretty fly but itís not for everyone.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

It's a dragon.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

I find that drinking lucozade (the original fizzy one) brings me back to life during day sessions. It helped me get through my ribs and chest.
Muddyoioi is offline   Reply With Quote