Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Default Head tattoo queries, realistic time frame, pain etc.

So, I wanna tattoo the back of my head and the sides inside the hairline with mandala/geometric patterns.

What I am wondering is, is it realistic to try and do the back and sides in ones day? Or is the pain to much?

Does it need to broken down into sessions?

Hoping some of you guys have these areas tatted?
Old 21-01-2019, 01:06 AM   #2
Chat Slut

One question that will clarify the answer:

-How will you sleep?
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Mumbler

I had the side of my head tattooed on Thursday and have had the back done previously, both sessions around 3 hours each, heavy black neo-trad designs.

For me, it was one of the harder places i've had to sit for and there's no way I could have done a full day.

If you're going for a mandala and geometric stuff that isn't too black heavy, it'll probably be easier to sit for though.

Also - the healing is a total breeze.
JIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #4
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIves View Post
I had the side of my head tattooed on Thursday and have had the back done previously, both sessions around 3 hours each, heavy black neo-trad designs.

For me, it was one of the harder places i've had to sit for and there's no way I could have done a full day.

If you're going for a mandala and geometric stuff that isn't too black heavy, it'll probably be easier to sit for though.

Also - the healing is a total breeze.
Are you heavily tattooed?

What was the pain out of ten? And how has the ink held there? With hair growing back?

I guess I won't know my limit until the tat started.
Old 22-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #5
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by portraitofcurcelli View Post
Are you heavily tattooed?

What was the pain out of ten? And how has the ink held there? With hair growing back?

I guess I won't know my limit until the tat started.
Very heavily tattooed! It was at least an 8 out of 10 for me. I guess it was similar to my ribs/hand in that it's really scratchy and the skin gets sore fast, but it was worse to sit for mentally as it's quite hard to separate yourself from the pain when someone is drilling into your head

Haven't lost any ink from either tattoo (thankfully) and the hair hasn't affected it at all!

Like you said though, you won't know your limit until you start. Hopefully someone else on the forum will weigh in with their experience too!
JIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIves View Post
Very heavily tattooed! It was at least an 8 out of 10 for me. I guess it was similar to my ribs/hand in that it's really scratchy and the skin gets sore fast, but it was worse to sit for mentally as it's quite hard to separate yourself from the pain when someone is drilling into your head

Haven't lost any ink from either tattoo (thankfully) and the hair hasn't affected it at all!

Like you said though, you won't know your limit until you start. Hopefully someone else on the forum will weigh in with their experience too!
Well I have my tramadol which work wonders for me so I will be in cloud 9 and he also has this numbing stuff you put into broken skin so hopefully I can sit it.

I just did two full days on my chest, shoulders and neck and day two was 10 hours!!

Looking to book two days in a row in and just take as much as I can I guess lol