Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Wink Artist recommendations - Intricate American Indian Feathered Serpent

Hello all,

I used to be a big poster on here, big tattoo enthusiast while young let alas I am now 26 and STILL haven't managed to so much as get around to getting a first tattoo. For me life just got in the way and by the time I was in position to undertake this I had, of course found that all my ideas from my younger years had fallen a bit stale and it all seemed to go on like that! How shameful! Anyway... I know feel quite overwhelmed by the tattoo scene, with so many more people taking up the machine I have no idea what's good anymore.

I have settled on an incomplete design in mind (I was hoping that I would be able to collaborate with the artist on some details, I think better than to completely stifle their creativity) An American Indian feathered serpent. I Imagine this to be a mainly black and grey design perhaps with a smattering of skilfully applied colour to keep options for future work. The main consideration for me is to find an artist who is very adept at exciting very tight, intricate, delicate, yet bold work. I'm not trying to describe a contradiction here, it's just that I would rather turn out with a beautiful and strong peice as opposed to a wishy washy girly snake. Very imaginative details in the scales and feathers, and a sexy flowing composition is what does it for me!

Size wise seeing as it's the first I would go as compact as possible without loosing any of that detail. Ideally if an artist has an interest in esoteric imagery and is a fab hand at smaller intricate works? That would be magic!

I've been searching hard for the last few months and have struggled to find any artists that fit the bill who are consistent in their work, I would hate to be disappointed after this huge delay

Edit: Oh and I would rather travel out of my town for the and price is not a big consideration for me. Just want the best.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Last edited by Moshing Mama; 06-03-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Moshing Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Did you say where you're located?

Also, do you have any examples of the types of tattoos you like or examples of the type of design you have in mind? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what you're trying to get.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Bit like this I think Dave:

Called a feathered serpent or Quetzalcoatl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl
Old 07-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I wasn't sure if she was thinking illustrative or a more neo-traditional style. I could even see it done a bit more like blackwork, achieving the greys she mentioned with some stippling.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood

Last edited by DGreenwood; 07-03-2019 at 09:24 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote